Please select To the mobile version | Continue to access the desktop computer version
View: 972|Reply: 5

SER6 HDMI can't drive LG C2 42 inch

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2023-02-08 10:34:51 | Show all posts |Read mode
Hello all...

I have a brand new SER6, just arrived today. I'm using an LG C2 42inch as my only monitor. I can't seem to get the SER6 to drive that monitor, just says no input. Have tried multiple HDMI cables, no joy.

I have Win11 on a Surface Laptop 2 on this system, outputs perfectly via HDMI.

For grins, I pulled a small monitor out of the closet, the SER6 can drive that all day long as expected.

Can anyone think of a reason it cannot display out on the LG C2 with the exact same cable or have any suggestions?

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
 Author| Post time 2023-02-09 01:57:36 | Show all posts
And, for what it's worth, I've considered that it may be driving a resolution and refresh rate the C2 can't support. I've tried it on a variety of standard resolutions, including 1024x768 @ 60 hz, no luck.

I CAN get it to wirelessly connect to the C2 (and at 4K 120Hz!), no cables whatsoever, but of course that doesn't persist through reboots.

Any suggestions? I just want it to provide signal via HDMI the same way my other Windows systems do (am trying to consolidate down to this device only, but it's not looking so promising at the moment).
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
 Author| Post time 2023-02-09 03:40:55 | Show all posts
The only workaround I've found is to have a second monitor also connected via HDMI, which doesn't work for me. Even so, I only get 30Hz out of my main monitor. Unplugging the second monitor kills the signal to my main monitor. :(

Resetting it to defaults and packing it up to return unfortunately.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2023-02-09 06:51:28 | Show all posts
brianko replied at 2023-02-09 03:40
The only workaround I've found is to have a second monitor also connected via HDMI, which doesn't wo ...

I had tons of problems with my SER and many others report the same issues. Everyone has been refunding them. The HDMI is garbage. Only good thing about the PC's is the CPU.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2023-02-09 08:51:01 | Show all posts
brianko replied at 2023-02-09 01:57
And, for what it's worth, I've considered that it may be driving a resolution and refresh rate the C ...

If the issue is that the power on your SER goes on but you never see anything on the HDMI screen you'll need to disconnect all the cables on the SER (power, HDMI, USB) then plug them back in and hit the power button. Really annoying. I think the American Megatrend BIOS doesn't do a good job of detecting what is connected and has this hickup.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Super Moderator

Credits
Post time 2023-02-09 17:26:16 | Show all posts
Hello,
Have you tried to update the driver?
Pls contact our email.

Use magic Report