View: 1337|Reply: 1

SEI12 - instructions for hard drive base removal?

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2023-02-04 10:07:52 | Show all posts |Read mode
Just got my SEI12 and I want to add a second NVMe drive.  Took off the bottom cover to expose the drive base plate and the cooling fan.  The memory and NVMe slots are underneath that, but I don't see how to remove the drive plate and fan assembly to get at the NVMe slot which appears to be on the back of the motherboard.  There's no obvious release latch for the plate/fan assembly and the only "instructions" I've found are the exploded view of the overall PC assembly on the Beelink product page, which shows nothing about how to disassemble.  There are three small screws visible, but it looks like two just hold the SATA connector to the plate, and the other one can be seen below the plate through an opening in the plate.  It's a small Phillips head of unknown size, I don't want to risk stripping the head or lose the screw inside the case especially since I don't even know if I need to remove it.  Obviously I don't want to break anything on a brand new PC while trying to add the second drive, so I'm not going to pry or force anything.  Are there instructions, a diagram, or other information available for how to get to the memory and NVMe slots?  Thanks!

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
 Author| Post time 2023-02-06 05:25:54 From the mobile phone | Show all posts
Turns out I was misinformed, there’s apparently only one NVMe PCIe slot in this computer.  So I need a 2.5” second SSD drive.  I’d still like to know how to remove the drive base plate and fan in case I decide to upgrade the memory from the original 16GB.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Sign up

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list