Author: ldblake

Ser5 5560u restart problems

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2023-02-01 00:58:32 | Show all posts
I left the pc running all night.  THis morning did a bunch of restarts and no problem.  Have about 10 days for a return so will test till then.  If it hangs even once, will return.

My theory is that problem maybe the original windows  installation.   When I did the reset,  I chose the install from the cloud where files are downloaded.  There was another choice where the install would come from the installed recovery drive.  The installed windows looked and felt different.  It felt snappier and the initial page was different.

I hope somebody can try the windows reset option to see if it fixes the problem. I've used Beelink for yrs now so willing to give it a chance.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2023-02-01 01:39:39 | Show all posts
travelbike replied at 2023-02-01 00:58
I left the pc running all night.  THis morning did a bunch of restarts and no problem.  Have about 1 ...

If you enjoy the computer, great. It has a great CPU and if it does what you want, great. But the SER5 5560U PC's have motherboard issues beyond just the restart issue. It does not mean you will notice or think they are problems. With that said, motherboards with defects may not offer longevity. If it only lasts 3 months was it worth $100 a month? Beelink sells better models and it may be worth it to explore that option.  
Reply Support 1 Not support 0

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
 Author| Post time 2023-02-01 03:35:31 | Show all posts
Edited by ldblake at 2023-02-01 03:38
travelbike replied at 2023-02-01 00:58
I left the pc running all night.  THis morning did a bunch of restarts and no problem.  Have about 1 ...

You left it running all night ... that won't reveal the problem.

Do this EXACTLY ....
1) At the end of your day, shut the computer down normally, but keep the power on so the blue light in the power brick is on.  
2) In the morning, start it back up... it will start normally.
3) Do an immediate restart from windows.
4) If you have the problem, it will not restart.  It will hang with a blank screen.

To get out of that you have to ...
1) Press and hold the power button until the light goes out.
2) Unplug the power cord from the back of the computer
3) Wait 30 seconds
4) Reconnect the power cord
5) Start the computer up with the red button.

It's not a windows problem ... this is happening before it tries to load windows, while still doing the power on self-test.
Read the other messages ... the Manufacturer has admitted this is a defective motherboard... and the problem is big enough they've halted production.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
 Author| Post time 2023-02-01 03:45:48 | Show all posts
travelbike replied at 2023-01-31 07:24
I've just updated the latest windows install, installed drivers fr the beelink site, installed most  ...

Look back a couple of messages ... you will see a panel from CPUZ ... that gives the make, modle and version of the motherboard as well as the version of the bios ... Now get CPUZ (google is your friend) and run it on your own computer to compare.  If it's the same info... you have the problem.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
 Author| Post time 2023-02-01 03:47:07 | Show all posts
traihan replied at 2023-01-31 12:27
Anyone if got a replacement mini, please report back if restart is working. I have until the 6th to  ...

They're dispensing refunds, not replacements.

I asked them in email if they could send out replacement motherboards and they said no, because they don't yet know what the problem is, to fix them.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2023-02-01 06:03:53 | Show all posts
ldblake replied at 2023-02-01 03:45
Look back a couple of messages ... you will see a panel from CPUZ ... that gives the make, modle a ...

Even though I wasn't experiencing problems I had the same specs as your cpuz image. I dropped mine off at the ups store yesterday for return. Thanks for all your due diligence.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
 Author| Post time 2023-02-02 03:57:30 | Show all posts
jrgl035 replied at 2023-02-01 06:03
Even though I wasn't experiencing problems I had the same specs as your cpuz image. I dropped mine ...

Not a problem.  I've got my 3 all bundled up and ready to go back, too...

Bought Intel NUC11 Essentials to replace them.  So far so good.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2023-02-10 01:59:38 | Show all posts
any recommendations for replacements in a similar price range?
Reply Support 1 Not support 0

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2023-02-19 13:11:36 | Show all posts
I've been reading this thread hoping for a solution. I decided to sign up for an account because I think I figured it out.  I have two of these machines.  One I originally purchased for daughter.  I loved it so much that I bought one for myself a month later but from a different vendor.  My daughter's machine does not have this issue; however, mine does.  The only difference between the two machines is the power supply.  I tried her power supply on my machine and voila.  The issue is gone.  My machine restarts without a hitch.  I'm unsure if it will work for you, but it worked for me.  Here are the specs for her power supply.  AC ADAPTER MODEL: TDX-1903000U, INPUT: 100-240V ~50/60Hz 2.0A, OUTPUT: 19V⎓ 3.0A

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2023-02-20 21:48:44 | Show all posts
@Jouieb, What are the specs for the power supply that came with your machine?

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Sign up

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list