Please select To the mobile version | Continue to access the desktop computer version
Return to list New
Author: traihan

Beelink SER5 AMD Ryzen 5 5560U -USB wireless keyboard+Mouse and USB drive

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2023-01-26 21:02:04 | Show all posts
traihan replied at 2023-01-26 14:12
The USB dongle use RF (radio frquency) and does not need line of site.

Yeah they do.  At the frequencies they run and the extreme low powers, the signal doesn't penetrate anything metal or conductive ... like the circuit board it's a half an inch from.

Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2023-01-26 23:06:10 | Show all posts
traihan replied at 2023-01-26 14:12
The USB dongle use RF (radio frquency) and does not need line of site.

You are absolutely correct. Radio Frequencies penetrate walls - there's no line of sight issue. I have used my RF Keyboard from my kitchen to living room more than 50 feet away with no issues ever. In my entire life I have never had USB problems with anything, until I bought a Beelink. I have had the Logitech "dongle blocks" or "USB RF Modulators" completely out of sight and 30 Feet away since 2015 and never once had this problem - Until now. It has nothing to do with Logitech, RF Mods or Interference - it's the computers.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2023-01-27 22:55:11 | Show all posts
Cleariati replied at 2023-01-26 23:06
You are absolutely correct. Radio Frequencies penetrate walls - there's no line of sight issue. I  ...

Do some searching ... I think you'll find all kinds of people talking about reduced range because the dongle is hidden behind the computer case.  Just because it's radio frequency does not mean it can penetrate metal or concrete or even drywall very well.

Simple solution ... plug the dongle into the front ports.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2023-01-28 01:26:47 | Show all posts
ldblake replied at 2023-01-27 22:55
Do some searching ... I think you'll find all kinds of people talking about reduced range because  ...

You don't think everyone has already tried the "Simple Solution"?  If it was a solution people would not be frustrated.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2023-01-28 18:14:42 | Show all posts
Cleariati replied at 2023-01-28 01:26
You don't think everyone has already tried the "Simple Solution"?  If it was a solution people wou ...

No I don't.  In fact it's most often the simple solutions people overlook.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2023-01-28 23:09:10 | Show all posts
ldblake replied at 2023-01-28 18:14
No I don't.  In fact it's most often the simple solutions people overlook.

I think we are all smart enough to have tried all of the USB Ports. You've criticized me for complaining about these computers but I am smart enough to know when I am dealing with Defective Motherboards. I complain about them because I want Beelink to stop selling them and stealing from people.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2023-01-29 02:34:44 | Show all posts
Cleariati replied at 2023-01-28 23:09
I think we are all smart enough to have tried all of the USB Ports. You've criticized me for compl ...

The point is to help people get the best from these things.

Yes I know I'm dealing with bad motherboards, or, at least a BIOS problem.  

But that's not the problem here. These little RF dongles work at such low power levels that their signals get attenuated real quick when there are obstacles in the way. The simple solution is "line of sight"... to minimize the losses when the signals have to go through walls, cases, furniture, whatever.  It's got nothing to do with bad motherboards.  This problem is about simple physics.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2023-02-07 01:50:37 | Show all posts
I think the problem is with logitech+BeeLink. I had the same issue and try another brand of wireless (RF) keyboard and mouse combo and the problem dissapear.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2023-05-30 03:17:09 | Show all posts
I too had this problem, I had a bluetooth keyboard dongle and a wifi mouse dongle both worked eratic with the SER5 AMD 5560U. I stayed with the same brand and went to a logitech combo of mouse and keyboard with shared dongle, I also got the USB extension and was amazed at how well this worked. I had replaced the mouse twice before this and plugged the dongle straight into the machine. I do believe the extension cord distances the frequency from the machine and heat also from machine. NO PROBLEMS now with keys or mouse!!!!

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2024-01-15 06:04:31 | Show all posts
ldblake replied at 2023-01-29 02:34
The point is to help people get the best from these things.

Yes I know I'm dealing with bad mothe ...

The problem is not line of sight at all.  By plugging the wireless dongle for my Microsoft wireless mouse and keyboard into a long USB extension cable, and then moving the dongle's position around to different locations to see how performance is affected, I have verified that interference only occurs in a hemisphere with a radius of about 2 inches, centered on the rear USB ports.  If I move the wireless dongle more than 2 inches away from the USB ports, the interference disappears completely.  Less than two inches, however, introduces interference proportional to the proximity of the dongle to the USB port.

The behavior that I describe here is irrespective of whether the dongle has line of site or not to the wireless mouse.

Use magic Report

Return to list New
You have to log in before you can reply Login | Sign up

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list