[SER4- 4800U] - Green screen ?

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2023-01-12 19:10:46 | Show all posts |Read mode
Edited by med at 2023-01-12 19:14

Hello,

From time to time, I have a green screen without any message. The PC is blocked, I have to restart.

Does anyone have an idea of the problem?

- Beelink-4800U

Screenshot_100.jpg

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Super Moderator

Credits
Post time 2023-01-13 17:31:52 | Show all posts
Hello,
Pls contact our email.
Sorry for the trouble. Don't worry, the PC has one-year warranty.
Could you please send us a picture of SN on the bottom of the PC and a picture of purchase record ? Let's do some troubleshooting. Here are some potential solutions:
1.Please update the driver.
Here is the driver: https://beelink.oss-cn-hongkong. ... R%205900/Driver.zip
Here is the tutorial https://mega.nz/file/mvAS1bQK#xX ... LDUFcxN5WUi6OrYy2js
2. Please take out the RAM , clean the contacts of the RAM with a rubber.
3. Please press delete key as soon as you turn on the PC, so that you can go to BIOS. Please send us a picture of the SN on the bottom of the PC and a picture of the BIOS version.
We will check if you still need to update the BIOS.
4. Please change another RAM or swap the RAM.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
 Author| Post time 2023-01-13 19:59:15 | Show all posts
Hello,
I probably misspoke. Sorry for my English. The PC works. But I have green screens from time to time.
I have cloned the Kingston NV1 SSD to a larger SDD.
- Samsung SSD 970 EVO MZ-V7E1T0BW - 1T
Screenshot_101.jpg

I also changed the RAM. I put two Kingston FURY Impact 8GB 3200MHz DDR4 CL20 KF432S20IB/8 instead of the CRUCIAL ones.

Screenshot_102.jpg
Screenshot_103.jpg

The PC does not heat up, but I have from time to time these green screens, which I can't understand because I have no error messages.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2023-01-21 06:18:40 | Show all posts
Hello med - if you see those green screens immediately on starting, (don't see BEELINK on screen) then the computer really didn't start.  Yes, power was applied but the processor didn't even begin the start up sequence.  If this were my computer, I would start by replacing the ram that was put in, with the ram that it came with.  POST (power on self test) that 'beelink' screen at the beginning, runs in memory and if it doesn't recognize the ram you will get a blank or green screen because the POST can't run.  You won't typically get a green screen from a bad drive.  You may get a POST warning of 'no drive detected' or similar but POST will run - you will see something...  So start with swapping back the memory and testing.  

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
 Author| Post time 2023-02-23 12:33:49 | Show all posts
Hello,
I don't have a green screen at startup. The computer crashes during a session.  Nothing to do with the startup.

Translate by deepl..

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2023-02-23 13:30:59 From the mobile phone | Show all posts
Hi, I am experiencing the same thing as well… Came home this evening to find the screen green. After rebooting, I lost ability with Wi-Fi and Bluetooth. I’ve ran windows updates and still not fixed. It’s taking a lot longer to build up and the operating system is running very slow now.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2023-02-23 13:33:18 From the mobile phone | Show all posts
I’ve booted into Linux off my SSD in the expansion spot and still have the same issues… feels like a hardware thing.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2023-05-11 01:05:37 | Show all posts
Hello Everyone and Beelink Support

We have the exact same issue ! We bought in November 2022 these 6 Mini PCs from Beelink, on Amazon.

2 x Beelink Ryzen 7 SER4
AMD Ryzen 7 4800U Up to 4.2GHz 8C/16T Beelink Mini PC,SER4 16GB RAM 500GB M.2 SSD NVME 2280,Mini Computer WiFi 6E BT5.0 Windows 11 Pro,Support 2.5 Inch HDD

4 x Beelink Ryzen 5 SER5
Beelink Mini PC AMD Ryzen 5 5560U (Up to 4GHz 6C/12T,8MB Smart Cache), 16GB RAM 500GB, Dual Screen Display, Mini Computer WiFi6E BT5.2,Support 2.5 Inch HDD

They all worked great at the beginning, but for the past couple months, ALL OF THEM gave random GREEN SCREEN (frozen screen, reboot required) during our employee’s working sessions… It was relatively rare at the beginning, perhaps once it a while at the beginning, but it has gone worse and wors over the past couple weeks, and now it’s to a point that they have to force-reboot their PCs (loosing any unsaved documents) twice or three times a day….

And this does happen (more or less) to all those 6 PC, multiple times a day : this leads us to think that there is probably a driver or firmware issue somewhere (and I do see on your support forums (and amazon discussions forums) that this is a known issue, and that a lot of other people (who purchased these beelink PC) also encounter and experience

Can you please give as a fix or a solution to solve those problems ? drivers ? firmware ? confirguration settings ? anything else ?

Thank you very much, this is really important and urgent

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2023-07-04 06:57:55 | Show all posts
Hi,

I have the same issue. Bought a SER4  Ryzen 7 4700U at Amazon back in Nov 2022. Been having some green screen in the past but would work fine after a restart. Last night, had the green screen but after restart, the bluetooth and wifi stopped working.

I pressed the DEL key to go to the BIOS setup. Didn't change anything there as I don't know what to change and exited without saving. But, after exiting, it just would give me a black screen. After some restart (power button seems to still work), it provided an option to reset the PC (and other advance options). I proceeded to reset the PC but it didn't seem like it was able to complete the full reset.

Now, PC is NOT usable. It will power on but I will just see a black screen after the beelink logo. Hope support can assist.

Thanks.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Sign up

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list