View: 1969|Reply: 6

Adding TMP 2.0

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2023-01-08 19:12:45 | Show all posts |Read mode
Hello everyone,
I've just joined the group in the hope someone can help me.
I have the GT-R 5 Mini pc running Windows 10 pro and I want to upgrade it to Windows 11 pro, as some of you will know after running the pc health check this is not possible as TMP2.0 is missing.
I need to know what do I have to change in the bios and do I need to download anything, also does beelink have an update for this problem.
I'm not great with computers but can get by but I don't want to be changing anything in the bios that may cause me problems.
Thank you
Qwolf

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2023-01-09 02:37:09 | Show all posts
Edited by Cleariati at 2023-01-09 15:41

I am not a tech for Beelink but have been answering the questions I can because their support is seriously not helping people.  As you are aware Beelink makes sub-compact PC's that leave little or no room for extras. They don't add extras because of cost and size. I am not completely familiar with all of Beelink's offerings but seriously doubt there is a TPM header in your little pc. So, you won't be able to add a TPM Module. Looking at what I believe are your system specs you have the following:
AMD Ryzen™ 9 5900HX 54W AMD Radeon™ Graphics DDR4 3200MHz Dual channel,Max 64GB M.2 2280 PCle 3.0 Nvme SSD

Assuming those specs are correct you should have fTPM in your system BIOS assuming that was added by Beelink when they created the BIOS for your product's lineage. To enable fTPM in the BIOS you will hit the Escape key while your PC is booting to enter the BIOS (Not DEL - Use ESC) on the second page at the top you should see fTPM. Enable it there. escape out then save your settings and boot your system.

When Windows loads do this:
Open your run utility (Win key + R), type "tpm.msc" in the box, and hit Enter. The TPM Management tool will open, and should tell you whether "The TPM is ready for use" or "Compatible TPM cannot be found."

If tpm.msc tells you you have a module ready for use then you're all set and can install Windows 11. If you do not locate fTPM in the BIOS - you have to wait until Beelink fixes the problem and releases a new BIOS.  
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Super Moderator

Credits
Post time 2023-01-09 18:07:25 | Show all posts
Cleariati replied at 2023-01-09 02:37
I am not a tech for Beelink but have been answering the questions I can because their support is ser ...

Hello,
Thanks for your sharing.
It's helpful.

Use magic Report

Anonymous  Post time 2023-01-12 05:47:28
Cleariati replied at 2023-01-09 02:37
I am not a tech for Beelink but have been answering the questions I can because their support is ser ...

Many thanks for your advice, I have gone into4he bios and it does have fTmp enabled, but when I restart and check for windows 11 update it still shows the same message TMP 2.0 not found, it's a nice wee pc, it's the GT-R5 3350 16 gb ram 500gb nvme  ssd, it has a slot for sata 3 ssd which I have 9rdered and also ordered ddr4  16gb x 2 so I'll  update that soon would you advise a heatsink on the ssd.
Anyway if I do find a solution for TMP2.0 I'll let you and other members know, again many thanks for taking the time to help me.

Use magic

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2023-01-12 06:02:59 | Show all posts
Edited by Support-03 at 2023-01-12 18:14
Guest 78.147.182.x replied at 2023-01-12 05:47
Many thanks for your advice, I have gone into4he bios and it does have fTmp enabled, but when I re ...

Many Beelink computers have major issues. Currently they have machines that are having similar TPM issues. So far all I have seen from Beelink is a willingness to pretend there's no problems. They continue to sell defective machines on Amazon while fully aware that they are defective. In some instances TPM disappeared from users machines (all by itself?). You can follow the instructions above - but when you are in the TPM tool - clear the TPM. In the BIOS you can also clear the TPM keys. Then you will need a fresh install of Windows. It may or may not solve your issues.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Super Moderator

Credits
Post time 2023-01-12 18:13:40 | Show all posts
Cleariati replied at 2023-01-12 06:02
Many Beelink computers have major issues. Currently they have machines that are having similar TPM ...

Hello there,
We will not do that:You don't know what might have been added to the image (backdoors, trojans, virus).
And we don't have any reasons to do that!

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2023-06-16 15:43:51 | Show all posts
Help me to update my window pro10 to window 11

Use magic Report

Advanced Mode
B Color Image Link Quote Code Smilies |Upload

Points Rules