View: 1584|Reply: 4

USB question for SER5 pro

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2023-01-07 23:11:17 | Show all posts |Read mode
Hello,

I'm a very happy owner of a SER5 Pro (5600H, 16G/500G), I like it very much but I have a small issue with the USB ports.

When I shutdown the pc the USB ports remain powered (example: a usb disk will continue to have the led powered on).

I don't want this feature, I want that USB ports power off completely when I shutdown the pc.

Is there a way to power off completely the USB ports when I shutdown the pc?
many thanks in avance.
mikki

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2023-01-08 03:36:20 | Show all posts
The computers are never in a completely off state. That's part of the reason people have to unplug them so often. The computers look like they are powered off but are always in a low power state. I can't find a way to prevent it. It's a huge security hole. You can trust that if tech support answers he's going to offer you drivers for a different computer.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2023-01-09 20:01:38 | Show all posts
I have also a Beelink SER5 Pro Its important for many people to shutdown the USB energy in order to maintain the energy down, for privacity purposes. web cam activity etc.
So, please do the necesary actions in order to switch down in the bios the energy in the USB ports, as an option
Thank you in advance,
Chicharro.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2023-11-26 06:06:53 | Show all posts
Did you ever find a solution to this in bios or somewhere in the OS? I'm having the same issue with my SER5 Max

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2023-11-28 17:48:41 | Show all posts
The computers never operate in a totally offline mode. People have to disconnect them from the wall so frequently because of this. Although they appear to be off, the computers are constantly in a low power mode. There's nothing I can do to stop it. It's a serious security flaw. You may rely on tech support to provide you with drivers for an alternate PC if they respond.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Sign up

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list