Please select To the mobile version | Continue to access the desktop computer version
Author: Robhun

5560U - Never be stopped or restarted without unplugging the power

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2023-01-27 19:21:15 | Show all posts
"BIOS firmware version: FP655U504"

Same here.

Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2023-01-27 19:30:55 | Show all posts
Edited by ldblake at 2023-01-27 19:33

Interesting to note that the CMOS batteries are active only when the system is off... so they are being drained in the warehouse and during shipping.  If these computers are old enough they could well be arriving with half dead batteries.

... but now I'm just grasping at straws trying to figure this out.

Want to see the problem ... shut your comp. down for about 4 hours, then start it up. It will boot normally... but do an immediate restart and it will hang at a black screen and the only way out of it is to pull the power cord out, wait a couple of minutes then plug it back in.  At that point, strangely it will start up normally and it will reboot normally for the rest of the day... until you shut it down overnight, again... then the cycle repeats.

Very straight up strange behaviour!

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2023-01-27 23:52:14 | Show all posts
I'd be curious to see if automatic updates is turned on in Windows 11 settings. If the computer has been off over night or several hours then powered-on the first thing it maybe trying to do is updates in the background and if you power off to soon cause it to hang up.

Once I setup my computer I turned that function off. I have not had the problem you describe with rebooting.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2023-01-28 11:12:05 | Show all posts
ldblake replied at 2023-01-27 19:13
It fixed it for about 3 days ... now the problem is back.

Could this be bad CMOS Batteries?

use CPUID HWMonitor to find the voltage and lot other info. While you are at it pay attention to +3.3V, +5V and +12V and see what they are? Mine are 1.99v, 2.76v, 7.97v respectively.
My bat volt is 1.632v
cpu core 0.720v

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2023-01-28 14:51:07 | Show all posts
ldblake replied at 2023-01-27 19:30
Interesting to note that the CMOS batteries are active only when the system is off... so they are be ...

I have quite literally assembled several hundred computers in my career. It is actually uncommon to have motherboard issues. Those are the most annoying of all computer issues because they can't be fixed with a driver no matter how hard you try.  I had two dead CMOS batteries on arrival, I changed them and the computers kept time again. The Motherboards are bad quality. I know you have figured this out by now.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2023-01-28 15:37:55 | Show all posts
traihan replied at 2023-01-28 11:12
use CPUID HWMonitor to find the voltage and lot other info. While you are at it pay attention to +3 ...

Yes I have HW Monitor ... and those readings are incorrect, at least for the Battery.

I got ticked off this evening and took both my machines apart and took voltage readings directly from the batteries ... 3.11 and 3.12 volts, which is what I would see for a brand new battery.

So maybe that's not it.  ... at this point I just don't know anymore. I'm right out of things to try.

I even sent one of my pair back and got a new one ... it's from a different batch, the serial numbers are about 5,000 apart... and it does it too.

At this point it seems obvious there is no end user fix for this problem. It's most likely BIOS code or a hardware defect of some kind that we're never going to trace down on our own.

I'm in Canada where these things sell for $519 each... I'm in the hole $1500 with three of these that all do the same cursed thing and now my Amazon return window has expired on two of them...

Reply Support 1 Not support 0

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2023-01-28 15:40:12 | Show all posts
Edited by ldblake at 2023-01-28 15:52
Cleariati replied at 2023-01-28 14:51
I have quite literally assembled several hundred computers in my career. It is actually uncommon t ...

Yes I know there is a problem, I've known this from day one.  That is why I'm here. You don't have to follow me around telling me about it.
Complaining does not solve problems.

The point is that problems need solutions and with Beelink conspicuously absent from this conversation we're left on our own to figure it out.  

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2023-01-28 17:50:42 | Show all posts
Has anyone tried disabling the "Network Stack" and removing network options from the Boot sequence...

A friend of mine thought it might be trying to do a PXE boot and getting hung up when there's no response.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2023-01-28 22:57:51 | Show all posts
ldblake replied at 2023-01-28 15:40
Yes I know there is a problem, I've known this from day one.  That is why I'm here. You don't have  ...

You don't seem to grasp that there is nothing to figure out. Nothing you can figure out unless you can physically repair defective electronics. It's the motherboards that are bad and you can keep beating your head against the wall all you want - it's not going to fix the problems.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2023-01-28 23:37:31 | Show all posts
Cleariati replied at 2023-01-28 22:57
You don't seem to grasp that there is nothing to figure out. Nothing you can figure out unless you ...

Look I know there's a problem and I don't need you constantly telling me to give up.

If there's a work around, we solve the problem for a couple of hundred people.
If not... then I walk $1500 worth of nice little computers out to the garbage can and I'm not ready to do that yet.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Sign up

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list