5560U - Never be stopped or restarted without unplugging the power

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2023-01-07 07:52:38 | Show all posts |Read mode
Edited by Robhun at 2023-01-07 07:58

I have a problem the new SER5 5560U modell
The problem is that it can almost never be stopped or restarted without unplugging the power. If I turn it off by holding the power button down, afterwards when I turn it on the fan just spins at full speed but nothing happens. Only unplugging the power will help.

Is this a bug ? How can I solve it?
BIOS firmware version: FP655U504

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2023-01-28 15:37:55 | Show all posts
traihan replied at 2023-01-28 11:12
use CPUID HWMonitor to find the voltage and lot other info. While you are at it pay attention to +3 ...

Yes I have HW Monitor ... and those readings are incorrect, at least for the Battery.

I got ticked off this evening and took both my machines apart and took voltage readings directly from the batteries ... 3.11 and 3.12 volts, which is what I would see for a brand new battery.

So maybe that's not it.  ... at this point I just don't know anymore. I'm right out of things to try.

I even sent one of my pair back and got a new one ... it's from a different batch, the serial numbers are about 5,000 apart... and it does it too.

At this point it seems obvious there is no end user fix for this problem. It's most likely BIOS code or a hardware defect of some kind that we're never going to trace down on our own.

I'm in Canada where these things sell for $519 each... I'm in the hole $1500 with three of these that all do the same cursed thing and now my Amazon return window has expired on two of them...

Reply Support 1 Not support 0

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2023-01-08 23:07:06 | Show all posts
I had the same issue.  To date I've had no more issues since going to AMD Ryzen™ 5 5600U Drivers & Support - Drivers and Software and installing the Auto-Detect program to update my computer.

https://www.amd.com/en/support/a ... s/amd-ryzen-5-5600u

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2023-01-07 15:37:15 | Show all posts
Edited by Moorkot at 2023-01-07 15:39

I had the same issue on SER5 with system stuck on reboot until power is physically unplugged. But it seem to disappear after I changed a couple things in BIOS settings. Not sure which one did the magic, so you can try one by one and see if it helps in your case:
1) On 'Boot' page of BIOS settings disable both "Quiet boot" and "Fast boot".
2) If above doesn't help - enable Secure Boot on 'Security' page of BIOS settings. IIRC - first do 'Restore factory keys' and then (after reboot) you can change Secure Boot setting to Enabled.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2023-01-24 11:54:16 | Show all posts
If you can't turn anything on and off in the BIOS, then why do you need it at all? All that was affected by this shutdown is that I now don't see the Beelink logo. Is it a big loss?

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2023-01-21 17:16:27 | Show all posts
I used the existing Windows 11 installation.
I found that the PC was set to HIBERNATE (not sleep) after 2 hours.
I changed the settings for HIBERNATE in Windows to NEVER.
I then removed the option to HIBERNATE from the Power Off menu. (All these settings you can find easily on Google.)

I also updated the AMD drivers as others have suggested.

That fixed my problems -- almost. I will explain.
I don't have any more day-to-day issues, but I did have an issue on a Windows update when Windows is supposed to reboot on its own as part of the update. The PC got "stuck" on that, and I had to remove the power and restart manually to allow it to finish.

It would certainly be nice if the manufacturer would determine if it is a motherboard issue or BIOS issue or what. I emailed them and at first they answered, but soon just ignored me.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2023-01-07 10:59:01 | Show all posts
I am guessing you just bought the computer and are using the Windows 11 Pro that was installed on the machine. Is that the case?

You can disable sleep mode in settings. You have to disable it in two places.
In the BIOS you can reduce power from 25w to 15w

Unfortunately the problem is going to persist although the two tips above will help alleviate some of the problems. The 5560U and 5600H computers seem to have motherboard  defects. Everyone posting about them has similar issues. I strongly suggest you install your own copy of Windows - whoever made the 55600U system image is an idiot and needs to go back to school. If you can you should return it and get a better pc.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2023-01-23 15:02:33 | Show all posts
It helped me
1) On 'Boot' page of BIOS settings disable both "Quiet boot" and "Fast boot".

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2023-01-23 22:59:08 | Show all posts
You should not have to "Disable" anything in the BIOS to make the machine work correctly. The SER 5 machines all have multiple issues. If it does not work and it's brand new - refund it before it's too late.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2023-01-26 01:23:47 | Show all posts
Try setting the boot mode to "Legacy" ... it fixed it for me.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2023-01-27 19:13:06 | Show all posts
Edited by ldblake at 2023-01-27 19:18
ldblake replied at 2023-01-26 01:23
Try setting the boot mode to "Legacy" ... it fixed it for me.

It fixed it for about 3 days ... now the problem is back.

Could this be bad CMOS Batteries?
Are replacements available?

I'm fast running out of things to try and I've even returned one and bought a replacement.  It is ridiculous that Beelink is not in this conversation trying to help solve the problem.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Sign up

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list