Please select To the mobile version | Continue to access the desktop computer version
View: 716|Reply: 4

SER 4 Ryzen 7 4800U - Windows Update 22H2 Bluescreen

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2022-12-31 23:07:28 | Show all posts |Read mode
Hello,

trying to update Win 11 to 22H2 did result in a bluescreen and errorcode: 0xC1900101

any ideas?

kind regards

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2023-01-01 00:46:36 | Show all posts
Well, not much info here to go on... You can check EVENT VIEWER to get the exact stop code and do a quick google search on it...  I like to open 'COMPUTER MANAGEMENT' to check for the stopcode, as I can also quickly check to make sure that all the hardware has drivers loading in DEVICE MANAGER while I am at it, in the same console.  You can also open SERVICES from inside COMPUTER MANAGEMENT, stop the WINDOWS UPDATE service, and delete the folder C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution on the outside chance that the downloaded update installer was corrupted - it will download it again.  Yes you can delete that folder and it will be remade when the WINDOWS UPDATE service restarts.  Make sure the drive has enough free space to run the  update, from my experience I run into issues with Windows version updates if I don't have 18~20 gigs free.  And frankly, between SSDs and Windows itself needing enough free space to run at it's best (for swap space and temp files), going below 20 gigs free (you really need more than that for SSD TRIM support) isn't a good idea.  If the space is good, open an elevated command prompt and run sfc /scannow and DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth to verify Windows overall health before restarting the install.  But any error logs in EVENT VIEWER would be a good place to start.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
 Author| Post time 2023-01-01 03:40:30 | Show all posts
Tzvia replied at 2023-01-01 00:46
Well, not much info here to go on... You can check EVENT VIEWER to get the exact stop code and do a  ...

hi thx for your reply. i guess its a driver problem, maybe for a virtual gfx adapter.

DriverNameLength 35
  DriverName USB\VID_04F3&PID_0C3D\6&822db66&0&1
  Status 3221226341
  FailureNameLength 14
  FailureName \Driver\WudfRd
  Version 0

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2023-01-01 04:22:00 | Show all posts
If that is a piece of the error that was logged at the time the update failed, it points to some  kind of USB device, possibly a fingerprint reader or possibly something USB from "Elan Microelectronics" just from a quick google of the 'DriverName'.  I don't know what USB items you may have connected but make sure that any that have their own drivers/software are updated to the most current versions provided by the manufacturer.  It also may have faulted because of something else... computers are like a house of cards; sometimes you see the cards falling and yea they fell but you may not have noticed the one that actually failed first but everything on top of it sure did crash...  So run the command prompt checks I mentioned in my above post to verify the general health of Windows, delete SoftwareDistribution folder to force a re-download of the update, and make sure you have plenty of hard drive space before you try again.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
 Author| Post time 2023-01-02 23:03:56 | Show all posts
Tzvia replied at 2023-01-01 04:22
If that is a piece of the error that was logged at the time the update failed, it points to some  ki ...

thx, will give it a try... in the future.. for now i go with the good old "never touch a running system" :D

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Sign up

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list