Author: Prince-KDS

Beelink SER5 W11 Pro 6 Cores AMD Ryzen 5 5560U, 16GB DDR4 RAM 500GB

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2023-01-04 18:56:21 | Show all posts
Once again, installing the correct AMD driver(s) fixed this problem in my Beelink PC!
See my last post 6#.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2023-01-05 14:08:44 | Show all posts
I had exactly the same problem with turning off the mini PC. It was turned off and turned on only when the power was completely turned off. After updating the drivers, the problem completely disappeared.
Our PCs have a few more features. So, if two monitors are connected via HDMI, then it will be possible to enter the BIOS only on the first port, if the included monitor is connected to the second port, then the monitor shows only when Windows is loaded. If you connect the USB receiver from the mouse to the front connector, then the mouse slows down a lot and you need to connect the receiver via an extension cord.
And the processor temperature is kept in the region of 46-50 degrees even in idle time. Is everyone like this?

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2023-01-06 00:32:42 | Show all posts
TenthFloor replied at 2023-01-04 01:11
@stevegel (and anybody else who does use the "Autodetect and Install" tool from AMD), please report  ...

So far both of them been working fine, i had one that I had to power cycle but its been working for a few days. keeping an I eye on it.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2023-01-08 23:19:38 | Show all posts
stevegel replied at 2023-01-06 00:32
So far both of them been working fine, i had one that I had to power cycle but its been working fo ...

I noticed this bug in my system after setting it up and I went looking to AMD for a solution. I likewise downloaded the said Autodetect and Install app. To date no more obvious issues.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2023-01-10 10:43:10 | Show all posts
I just received mine a few days ago and ran into the same issues of powering up and no video response. Pulling the plug and powering back on would fix the issue. I used the AMD auto detect tool as well and thought that the issue was fixed. My wife powered it on today and it worked normally. This evening I powered it on just to test and had the same issue again. Given the multiple posts about this issue and the lack of any official response a return label was printed and back to Amazon it goes. For those of you that think its fixed be wary and test frequently if you are still in your return window.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2023-01-10 10:56:41 | Show all posts
My previous attempt at replying was sent to moderation for some unknow reason so lets see if this one works. I too had the same problem of powering up and no video response. Only solution was to unplug the pc to reset and then it would power back on normally. Tried the AMD auto detect drivers and thought the problem was fixed until it continued to happen today. Still in my return window so its going back. Just FYI to those who think the AMD drivers may have fixed the problem.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2023-01-11 08:18:12 | Show all posts
coppertop replied at 2023-01-10 10:56
My previous attempt at replying was sent to moderation for some unknow reason so lets see if this on ...

I still have no new issues yet. Besides using AMD Autodetect and Install I also updated Windows 11 with all updates except 22h2 and enabled Windows feature SMB 1.0.  If the system does act up I have till the first week in February to initiate a return.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2023-01-12 02:09:20 | Show all posts
I know for a fact I have the right AMD Drivers - I got them from AMD Tech support and nothing has changed. The machines hang, only outputs 2 channel Stereo, Realtek drivers for the ALC897 sound IC cannot be installed. Hangs on reboot, does not restart, turns off at random. It's not a driver problem - the computers are defective.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2023-01-15 12:39:20 | Show all posts
I have 2 of the SER5 5600u and I like them just fine.

However, one of them would not reboot maybe 1 of 10 times... it would sit there with the fan spinning full on and never get to the sign-on screen.  

What I discovered was that the BIOS settings are somewhat "optimized" for 25 watt power levels but AMD says the CPU is a 15 watt chip... So they are tweaking things a bit.

To get it to boot properly (after considerable experimentation) I found that if I go into the BIOS at:
AMD-CBS -> NB10 common options -> SMU common options...
Set Smart Shift to AUTO
Set System Config to 15 watts

Then use F4 to exit and save settings, it will boot reliably.

My best guess is that most of the 5600u chips are ok at 25 watts but there will be the occasional one that isn't.
I did not notice any apparent loss of performance...

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2023-01-15 14:10:05 | Show all posts
ldblake replied at 2023-01-15 12:39
I have 2 of the SER5 5600u and I like them just fine.

However, one of them would not reboot maybe 1 ...

They ship them default at 25w - I also have 2. I tried them both at 15W and believed as you do that it might have helped. It's an illusion. They still hang on reboot and startup, just not as often. They still require being physically unplugged, just less often. There are some obvious defects. I suspect not all of the Beelink computers are poorly designed. The 5560U machines have obvious repeatable flaws.  

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Sign up

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list