Author: Simon69

Useless forums

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2023-01-15 12:53:10 | Show all posts
Tzvia replied at 2023-01-01 08:50
Windows 7 is End Of Life.  No new security patches, haven't been any in a few years... not a good  ...

Yes I know it is at end of life ... but that should not stop it from working. There are still lots of people using Win7 as they OS of choice for home theatre and audio applications.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2023-01-16 05:47:32 | Show all posts
ldblake replied at 2023-01-15 12:53
Yes I know it is at end of life ... but that should not stop it from working. There are still lots ...

You already know home theater doesn't work out of HDMI on these machines if you work with sound. You can get 5.1 but no Encoding like Dolby or DTS and 5.1 didn't work on either 5560U out of the box. It is absolutely impossible to get Dolby Atmos for Home Theater / DTS Home Theater or any other encoding out of HDMI. You are part of the reason I bought this machine. I saw your youtube video reviewing these. You say you paid for them. A dozen other youtube reviewers got them for free. Regardless - you are talking about some hokey idea of using a hacked Windows 7 to run antiquated software and that's certainly not good advice. So i guess for you it really doesn't matter what machine you are using. If I were you I would use an old Intel Laptop because the encoding would work, they are cheap, dependable, run windows 7 natively and wont freeze and reboot all the time.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2023-01-16 18:07:33 | Show all posts
I did not and would not post any YouTube video about anything, my friend.  I think you've mistaken me for someone else.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2023-01-16 19:58:17 | Show all posts
ldblake replied at 2023-01-16 18:07
I did not and would not post any YouTube video about anything, my friend.  I think you've mistaken m ...

My mistake, you both stated you wanted to use it for Old Windows 7 audio software so I assumed you were the same person. My answer is the same though - if you put a hacked Windows 7 on these you will simply compound the built-in problems and will be dealing with all sorts of headaches. You would be better off with an old $100 laptop that can run Windows 7 Natively.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2023-01-20 22:14:33 | Show all posts
Edited by Tzvia at 2023-01-20 22:23
ldblake replied at 2023-01-15 12:53
Yes I know it is at end of life ... but that should not stop it from working. There are still lots ...

Maybe for an offline application... heck we have 1 here at work at a guard station- they can monitor/recall the elevators and watch the security cameras, old software running on an old win7 box with the serial connection... but it's an OFFLINE device- NO internet stand alone machine connected to elevator controls... Win 7 is not supported by most modern CPUs, that's not  Beelink's fault or issue.  Not gonna spit out the models that are/aren't supported; Intel, AMD and Microsoft have the info handy.  Also people do 'hack job' installs, you can find the info on the internet.  But for a machine that connects to the internet... IMO dumb idea.  Time to move on.

Use magic Report

Return to list New
You have to log in before you can reply Login | Sign up

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list