View: 1162|Reply: 4

U59 SSD failure - August purchase

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2022-12-06 05:38:48 | Show all posts |Read mode
I have a U59 that was purchased on Amazon in August of 2022.  
The NUC has been fine until a few days ago when it stopped responding and boots to bios page.
SSD no longer appears in bios.  Removing and resetting, does nothing.
Replaced with a different SSD and it works.  

I'd like to recover my info from the original SSD.  Do you have any options for data recovery?
Also, can i get a replacement SSD under warranty?

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2022-12-06 08:15:14 | Show all posts
Mine has done that exact same thing.  I've already purchased a new SSD but I cannot find the link to download the Windows 11 OS.
I did contact beelink via their feedback for support to find out what they will do to make this right.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
 Author| Post time 2022-12-07 00:40:10 From the mobile phone | Show all posts
If u go to the main support page under U59 there r links.   Be aware.  They try to get u to join MEGA.  W a free plan u get just enough bandwidth to download one file.   I tried to download drivers and win11 and got stuck halfway.  Had to pay for a 1 month subscription.   That is beyond shady.   I was able to reinstall last night but all my data is gone.  

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2022-12-07 06:53:03 | Show all posts
The links I find are for Drivers, Tutorials and Linux Ubuntu.  No Windows OS install.  The only one is not installing and I have followed the installation tutorial.
I feel like I don't have the correct U59 download.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2022-12-09 12:09:11 | Show all posts
As far as I know Bee-Link will send you a replacement SSD. You can also go ahead and reinstall windows on a new SSD. If you want an install that comes with the drivers you need to start the install, download one of the installers from the downloads section of the Bee-Link page that is compatible with your computer ie U59 WIndows 11 Pro

Also if you are missing drivers after the install you can get them from the download section of this website too.

Once you get the new replacement SSD under warranty you can just install it and use it for extra storage.

As far as recovering data off the broken SSD, if it isn't showing up in the bios, that's quite a pickle. A drive has to be visible for home data recovery work. You might try viewing it from an external M.2 enclosure but if you don't already have one they can be pricey thus defeating the whole purpose of the warranty exchange. If your data is super important you might try a professional data recovery service, but that is very expensive.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Sign up

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list