Please select To the mobile version | Continue to access the desktop computer version
View: 1192|Reply: 1

Windows 11 Pro back up!

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2022-11-29 22:09:08 | Show all posts |Read mode
Hi all.

Had the green screen of death the other day, (totally blank with nothing on it) Managed to re-start the machine and its been ok so far, except for the fingerprint scanner still not working. (went off about a week ago for some reason.).
I did do a small Windows update I found (2H2) and voila, the fingerprint scanner is now working again. (Having tried all the other fixes beforehand)

With not getting a Windows disc with the machine, is there any way to back it up to a USB drive? I know there is a section on BeeLink for 'Install Windows system' (which I'm assuming is the Windows 11 files?) but its vague. The screen shot looks nothing like what I have, and the WINPE folder shown, only has 5 folders?

My System folder just has 'Speech' folder in it, while my System 32 has all the gubbins, but not the ones shown! I've searched all over the place, so I'm hoping someone knows something that isn't on the Beelink site?
The little beauty has been great since I've had it, so no complaints there. It's just the Green screen has me worried. Without a Windows disc/image, I'm screwed... as they say :)
Sorry for the long post guys.

GTR4, 4900, Windows 11 Pro.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Veteran

Credits
Post time 2022-11-30 04:56:52 | Show all posts
I'm using GTR5 5900HX. The support page for GTR5 5900HX has the Windows 10 and Windows 11 WinPE images as well as Ubuntu. On the GTR4 4900, only the Ubuntu shows up.

As Beelink uses the UEFI "WinPE" image scripting ~installer, I'm not sure if GTR4 and GTR5 images are same e.g. same drivers etc... -- I suggest you contact George @Support-03 (Support-PC@bee-link.com) to confirm.

As for a full backup. I'm using AOMEI Backupper Pro (you can use whatever else capable) to backup your full system to an external drive. Keep in mind the boot drive as 3 partitions; 1) FAT32 for UEFI boot 2) Your C:\ drive and 3) Recovery (rather small size -- seems not working well as the partition has the name "recovery" but empty).

I hope it helps!
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Sign up

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list