Please select To the mobile version | Continue to access the desktop computer version
View: 808|Reply: 3

bitlocker recovery key after every reboot

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2022-11-29 03:00:18 | Show all posts |Read mode
got a recent SEi mini computer. it's fine, except... after a couple weeks of use, i have enter the bitlocker recovery key everytime the thing reboots. i've tried all the general tips to deal with this issue. short of stripping the thing down and reinstalling the OS, any ideas?

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2022-11-29 20:58:22 | Show all posts
Check if the TPM in your SEi has stopped working/ has "disappeared". I got a new SEi10 i1035-G1 recently. It was fine for about ten days. Then the Windows 11 22H2 feature update automatically applied, and thereafter the TPM disappeared completely - it is not visible in the BIOS, Windows says it is not there, a bootable Linux distribution says it is not there.
I contacted Bee-Link customer support; they replied:
"I'm very sorry, this situation has generally appeared on this machine recently, so our technicians are writing a new BIOS,"
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
 Author| Post time 2022-12-08 01:59:22 | Show all posts
thank you so much for your reply!

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2022-12-28 18:18:50 | Show all posts
Still no BIOS fix from Bee-link about this (I am in regular email contact with their support).
@hartcapl Did you make any progress? Is your TPM also *poof* just gone, like mine? What have you decided to do?
I don't want to return the machine, because that would throw away a lot of work that I did preparing it, but without the TPM it is clearly a much lesser machine than what I paid for.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Sign up

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list