Please select To the mobile version | Continue to access the desktop computer version
View: 697|Reply: 2

SER4 4700U 2.5 SSD Installation Issue

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2022-11-24 23:37:23 | Show all posts |Read mode
Hi everyone,

I recently bought a SER4 4700U and decided to upgrad the storage with a Samsung 870 QVO 1TB SSD. Unfortunatly after installing the SSD the computer doesn't seem to be recognizing it what so ever. I physically opened up the computer and checked the instilaion of the SSD several times over and I replaced the ribon cable between the motherboard and the hard drive with the spare the comes along with the computer but to no avail. The hard drive doesn't show up at all in either Windows 11 OS or the BIOS (which I updated recently).

Has anyone else had this problem? Is there something else I can check to see if I have a faulty hard drive, connection, or motherboard? Are there known issues with this particular type/brand of SSD?

Thanks in advance!

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2022-11-25 13:32:40 | Show all posts
I'm wondering the same. I looked around the forums to see if there was any information but there is not much. I'm hoping SSD is supported any HDD is not a requirement since that doesn't make sense...
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2022-11-26 04:40:39 | Show all posts
Sorry for not being able to be of help with solving your unrecognized SSD issue.  However, I can confirm that it is not a widespread issue.  I recent installed a Crucial 1TB SSD in a newly purchased SER4 4700U and it is working fine.
Good luck
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Sign up

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list