Return to list New
View: 8903|Reply: 16

OTA update MXIII system damaged wireless update disabled

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2017-06-08 13:59:47 | Show all posts |Read mode
My thread is ONLY for the failed OTA update ... please do NOT reply here and hijack the thread if you manually flashed your box and broke something!

I bought my Beelink Mini MXIII S905X 3 months ago and it had 2 updates before today that went fine. Today a new update popped up and after downloading it I got the error "Your system was damaged, wireless update is disabled". Google seems to suggest that the update doesn't like that the box is rooted ... which makes no sense because it was already rooted out of the box when I bought it new. I haven't made any changes since the last update where it still worked. I installed SuperSU right after I received the box 3 months ago and the updates worked fine until today.

Now I have no intention of doing a factory reset and losing all files + settings including root access just because someone somewhere wasn't thinking. Please suggest a better way of solving this, or simply change whatever setting in the update is complaining about root.

Again: Nothing modified, I didn't try to manually flash anything, the box came rooted and I didn't change any build.prop entries or made ANY changes.

2nd try at a thread to get some answers/solutions, so please don't hijack it again if you flashed whatever version manually and broke something!

Thank you.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2017-06-09 03:06:22 | Show all posts
The same happened to me... Please Beelink fix this situation, i just bought your tv box and this is really disappointing! :curse:
Reply Support 1 Not support 0

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2017-06-10 00:17:47 | Show all posts
Solution is simple: do not update your device, the update is bugged, wait for a new OTA update.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2017-06-10 04:45:08 | Show all posts
You need to go over to the GT1 forum, I had this same problem that  I was able to fix so what i did:

1. clear the update app cache so the problem OTA update is there but don't download just make sure it's ready to install and or download do nothing with it for now.
2. download the correct firmware update and put on sd card
3. install the update via sd card
4. then having nothing in the usb ports and  go to OTA and download the update
5. pick install later
6. reboot

This worked on my GT1,.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
 Author| Post time 2017-06-10 14:41:30 | Show all posts
Thanks Jerry98vert, but I'm not installing anything manually.

First of all I have no clue how and also no idea which firmware is the correct one and where to get it ... not to mention the fact that I have no extra SD card.

The box was sold rooted and I expect Bee-Link to fix it so I can use OTA updates without having to jump through hoops.

So while I appreciate your input and you trying to help what I REALLY want is someone from Bee-Link to reply and offer a solution. My box is new enough that it still falls under warranty and if I can't use it as expected I'll have no issues returning it!

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2017-06-11 00:26:56 | Show all posts
Be prepared to return it then... Beelink offers no support over the forums here, OR emails. Beelink user will post once in awhile, to keep face, but answers usually nothing more than more questions.
Beelink GT1 Mini (95X2) w/CoreELEC & Android 9 (Pie)

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2017-06-15 06:32:52 From the mobile phone | Show all posts
Dude just reset the box. Because you won't get support on this issue. I'm running the latest ota without issues. So it's a software problem on your end...

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
 Author| Post time 2017-06-15 13:38:15 | Show all posts
I'm not resetting the box, losing all files/settings and starting from scratch again ... it can't be a "software problem" since I didn't change/modify anything.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2017-06-15 19:56:09 | Show all posts
I've posted about the anomaly, and explained a workaround. In anycase, my post was moderated again. Wait to see IF my post will be approved. Fault Beelink message board and it's configuration done.
Beelink GT1 Mini (95X2) w/CoreELEC & Android 9 (Pie)

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2017-06-19 08:35:20 | Show all posts
like any other electronics company. the first thing they will ask you is to reset the box/phone to put it back to default settings and to see if the error continues... its common sense.

anyways. as i said before. update works fine on my 2 boxes. so it's not a problem with the update. maybe its with your box and a reset may fix it.

Use magic Report

12Next
Return to list New
You have to log in before you can reply Login | Sign up

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list