View: 994|Reply: 1

Restart problem on SEi8 I5 8259U (solved)

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2022-11-04 17:46:38 | Show all posts |Read mode
Hello forum colleagues,
I want to share with you some problems I had for almost a year with my mini pc that was stuck at restart and sometimes (very random) when waking up from sleep. Simptoms were: when restarting, no post, no display output, black screen, fan loud probably because the processor remain in full load and no other option but to hard reset the device pressing the on/off button. The problem was present only at restart, if shut down and powered on again the mini pc was starting normal.

I tried multiple things to solve this issue, basicaly anything you can think of..... reinstall the system multiple times with different drivers, changing the hdmi cable and intsert it in other slot (on mini pc and on the TV ), adding a second sata 2.5 inch drive and install windows on it, reset bios to its default values, disable Intel serial IO I2C host controller like someone wrote on this forum but nothing worked........
Until I came with the idea of changing the stick of RAM memory with the one I had laying around in my computer parts box.
So, I put a module of 8gb ADATA with the same specs as original, 2400Mhz, and the problem is gone.

I hope this info will help some of you who share the same problem, at list you can try and see if your problem it will be solved too.
Regards,

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Super Moderator

Credits
Post time 2022-11-05 12:48:05 | Show all posts
Hello,
Thanks for sharing it for us.
Very helpful!
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report