Please select To the mobile version | Continue to access the desktop computer version
View: 853|Reply: 3

Stuck SER3 cover NEWBY

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2022-10-15 22:58:10 | Show all posts |Read mode
Can anyone advise me on taking off the cover of a newly purchased SER3? I need to get inside to install HDD. Screws are out but seems tightly sealed. Don't want to return the thing if I can avoid it, but not very useful if I can't get cover off. Would like to keep banging on the thing to a minimum. Any tips appreciated. Help please.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Veteran

Credits
Post time 2022-10-16 10:23:06 | Show all posts
Your answer is at 2m35s in... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OXTSMLVHT5I
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Super Moderator

Credits
Post time 2022-10-17 09:29:10 | Show all posts
rmarion59 replied at 2022-10-16 10:23
Your answer is at 2m35s in... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OXTSMLVHT5I

Thank you for your sharing.  

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2022-11-26 03:51:00 | Show all posts
On my Ser3, I used one of the screws for mounting the Ser3 on a wall, I screwed it into one of the holes for mounting and then using a pair of pliers I was able to pull the back off (ensure you remove the 4 screws on the back cover before doing this). Don't pull too hard on the back cover because of the short ribbon cable connecting the drive to the MB. There is a video that shows the ribbon cable. Once the cover starts to come off, you should see the ribbon cable easily by peering underneath the cover. My ribbon cable unplugged when I took my cover off. Once the cover was off, I took a metal file and carefully did a few swipes on the edges of the cover so it will come off easier next time. I installed my drive, reconnected the ribbon cable and screwed the cover back on.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Sign up

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list