View: 1997|Reply: 8

Usb keyboard/mouse freezes for a few seconds then recovers?

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2022-10-11 04:48:02 | Show all posts |Read mode
Usb keyboard/mouse freezes for a few seconds then recovers?  All drivers are current, Windows 11 Pro installed (348 revision).  Just started happening a couple of days ago.  No errors or recent updates just before this issue has started.  Anyone else seen this issue?  Have a GT-7 mini PC.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Veteran

Credits
Post time 2022-10-11 06:06:24 | Show all posts
USB Keyboard and mouse... brand name? model?   if it's a "no name" it is fine... it should work.  Did you try using a different USB port for the Keyboard/Mouse RF Dongle?!?
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
 Author| Post time 2022-10-17 22:27:36 | Show all posts
Yeah, tied different USB ports, removed and reinstalled drivers, USB hub as well as device, etc.  Nothing seems to fix the issue.  This issue has appeared for others per Google as well, so it does not seem to be strictly a hardware issue, but software related, it happens both in Windows 10 and 11 as well.  Just yesterday the problem has disappeared for now, it happened for about 10 days, after all attempts to fix, happened for about 5 days.  A recent Microsoft update was deployed a couple of days ago, and since that update, the issue has not occurred.  What is odd, is reviewing the Microsoft update details, IT 30 year retired professional, so I knew where to find update details at a technical level (MSDN, etc.) I see no applicable update in the recent deployment that is related to USB device stack or USB drivers related, so not sure why the issue has disappeared for now.  My USB keyboard and mouse are wired (yeah, I am old school), so this is not a RF lag or connection quality issue as well.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2022-10-18 05:10:44 | Show all posts

I am experiencing a similar issue with my GTR5 5900HX. Mine freezes for a couple of seconds and if music is playing it stutters.

There has been a reported issue with AMD fTPM that can cause the OS to freeze for a few seconds and AMD is supposed to release a new BIOS to fix it. Although I have the latest BIOS and windows updates and it still happens occasionally albeit infrequently.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2022-10-21 06:37:01 | Show all posts
I had this problem a while ago and I remember that If I closed Firefox ( I used it for decades) the stutter would vanish. If I can recall it correctly I did a full Browser reset (cleaned cookies, form passwords, etc). Hope that helps.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
 Author| Post time 2023-06-03 00:46:43 | Show all posts
Did not seem to help

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
 Author| Post time 2023-10-07 05:35:48 | Show all posts
I have the same problem with a brand new GTR7 I just got 2 weeks ago!  I do run FireFox alot so will try that workaround.  It does seem to happened when Firefox is playing youtube.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2023-10-09 12:01:46 | Show all posts
Hello there,

Thanks for your letter and sorry for the late reply.
If you have any problems with the machine, please contact us.
Here is the Beelink support team email address---Support-PC@bee-link.com
Please email us with belowing information:

1. Please tell us your problems again.
2.Please send us the photo of SN on the bottom of your pc and the purchase record.

It is more convenience for our support team to help you solve this issue through email.

Looking forward to your information.
Have a nice day!

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2023-10-24 15:54:40 | Show all posts
I did it and it didn't help. I have a defective product. Brands to avoid, this one.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Sign up

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list