Author: davidri

Gtr5 5900hx freezes... windows 11

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2022-10-23 22:40:59 | Show all posts
Same drivers as what is shown in your picture. I have not changed anything since I purchased the device. However, I do have an internal SATA III SSD installed if you think that may be the issue.

For me, the issue is not repeatable and happens randomly. Sometimes when I am not doing anything on the PC other than listening to Amazon music which is why I can tell when it happens. I am on the PC several hours per day but I can only tell that this stuttering happens maybe once per week so not very often for me. I may try disabling fTPM but I was concerned about affecting bitlocker folders.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Veteran

Credits
Post time 2022-10-24 01:55:38 | Show all posts
markinpt replied at 2022-10-23 22:40
Same drivers as what is shown in your picture. I have not changed anything since I purchased the dev ...

As stuttering is random and not every 2 minutes, I would not disable fTPM nor re-install drivers. Let's hope this stuttering will go away by itself...

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
 Author| Post time 2022-10-29 16:46:35 | Show all posts

We still have the same problem... No proposed solution has worked

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2022-10-31 16:23:02 | Show all posts
Edited by Jackson at 2022-11-01 04:46

Given the cutting edge of the Ryzen itself, I had always expected it pertained to the processor, not the hard drive.
Moderators may dispose of additional post attempts, links have been filtered out.

PcWorld "AMD admits to Ryzen performance stuttering, a fix will take months".  
MAR 8, 2022 1:19 PM PST

"AMD said this week that customers with Ryzen-based PCs may experience intermittent performance “stuttering,” due to an integrated Trusted Platform Module, or TPM. Unfortunately, the company doesn't expect a fix to be available until May, unless customers want to shell out for a replacement component before then.

AMD said in a support document that “select AMD Ryzen system configurations may intermittently perform extended fTPM-related memory transactions in SPI flash memory (“SPIROM”) located on the motherboard, which can lead to temporary pauses in system interactivity or responsiveness until the transaction is concluded.”

AMD Ryzen processors, like their counterparts in the Intel Core family, include integrated Trusted Platform Modules that serve as a root of trust for a Windows 10 and Windows 11 PC, to help protect it. Earlier PCs used a discrete TPM on the motherboard to serve the same function in earlier operating systems.

Unfortunately, a fix for the issue not only requires AMD to come up with and validate a fix, but also to work with motherboard manufacturers to distribute the fix to you, its customers. AMD said that it expects a fixed sBIOS fie to be available beginning in May. Customers, though, will receive it sometime later

If you're pining for an earlier fix, there is a solution: Buy a discrete TPM. We've advised you not to, in part because of the integrated TPM."

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2022-11-01 06:14:46 | Show all posts
Notably, I don't know if you would experience this problem on Linux, but each Linux distribution has different categories of performance capability and it's not as suited for gaming.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2022-11-04 00:24:15 | Show all posts
New symptom today. Computer froze for a good 20 seconds and afterwards I got an error from the AMD app indicating that 1 of 2 monitors was set to the wrong resolution and refresh rates. Rebooted and everything went back to normal again.  Very odd behavior.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2022-11-07 07:12:32 | Show all posts
Not sure that that is the same issue.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2022-11-08 05:24:06 | Show all posts
Seems similar to me. The only difference was duration. In both cases (and the OPs), the computer randomly freezes, sometimes for a few seconds, sometimes longer. If audio is active, there is always stuttering. In some cases, AMD Adrenalin software recognizes an error and displays the error message but not always. I still believe these freezing issues are linked to the AMD fTPM issue but it certainly could be something else.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Veteran

Credits
Post time 2022-11-08 06:12:35 | Show all posts
Intermittent System Stutter Experienced with fTPM Enabled on Windows 10 and 11
https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/faq/pa-410

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2022-11-09 22:42:12 | Show all posts
Edited by markinpt at 2022-11-09 22:57

Thanks, I have read multiple articles regarding this issue including that one.

Beelink 1.24 BIOS was supposed to have the fix that issue and that is the version I have but it does not seem to work which is why I originally posted. As I mentioned before, I would shut off fTPM but I concerned about any secondary effects. Plus for me at least, it does not seem to occur that often so somewhat tolerable.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Sign up

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list