View: 1439|Reply: 8

Unable to boot (GTR5)

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2022-09-29 10:45:09 | Show all posts |Read mode
Hello,

My GTR5 was shutting down as Windows 11 would begin to boot. I got into safe mode and everything looked fine. I rebooted and the cycle started again of shutting down when Windows would try to boot. I restarted and hit F8 and tried to do a reset on the OS. It got about 15% through and shut down. When I went to power it back on the fans were full force and no video would display. I also noticed that the lights on the power button did not turn on either. I tried reseating the ram, and ssd to see if that was the issue and that did not work. I tried pressing the green reset cmos and that did not work. Any ideas?

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Veteran

Credits
Post time 2022-09-29 19:14:26 | Show all posts
Edited by rmarion59 at 2022-09-29 19:20

Why download Winodws 11 Pro from Beelink and create a NTFS formated UEFI flash drive with volume label "WINPE" to eventually boot from?

(I have 3 pictures, sorry if they appear in wrong order... but)
Picture #2 is what's inside the OS zip file. Picture #1 is in the /Scripts folder to show how Beelink is using "WINPE" volume label on picture #3... that waorks!  On the other hand, using Microsoft Creation Tool (or else) to create an ISO, then "burn" it on a bootable media may seem to work but won't have needed scipting to properly install Windows 11 Pro on the mini PC. Every time I have tested that way, it failed. Using Beelink Support stuff does the job all the time!

Let me know... Regards, R.

win11pro2.jpg
win11pro1.jpg

WINPE LABEL

WINPE LABEL
Reply Support 1 Not support 0

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Veteran

Credits
Post time 2022-09-29 19:05:46 | Show all posts
Edited by rmarion59 at 2022-09-29 19:07

As you have already checked memory, NVMe and/or other components are well in place... Did you try to unplug the mini PC for about 10 minutes, then plug it back, power on and press <DEL> repeatidly to get in the BIOS. If you can access the BIOS, is your boot drive present?

I use an image system (clone) for my machine and I often have fun causing my mini PC to crash, which allows me to do tests to properly repair it if necessary.

All that to say that I have had similar issues in the past. When you gain access to the BIOS and confirm your boot drive is present but perhaps corrupted or jammed on a .sys or .dll file, the best way is really to download the full OS from the Beelink Support page, create a NTFS formated Flash Drive with label "WINPE" and boot from there to reinstall or repair the OS. Prior to go ahead and do this, if you gain access to the disk, it is always a good idea to back important files and/or to clone the drive to another one.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
 Author| Post time 2022-09-29 22:18:21 | Show all posts
Thanks for the quick response. And I did try to leave it unplugged for a few hours to make sure the electricity dissipated. Unfortunately, I can't even get a picture of the beelink logo, nor enter any bios at all. It is completely unresponsive. I've only had the box for a week and wouldn't think to have these types of issues this early on.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
 Author| Post time 2022-09-29 22:25:57 | Show all posts
Just tried again just to see if I could spam the crap out of Delete and get something. My monitor even shuts off because it's not getting a signal from the box. I've tried both HDMI and Display port and different monitors. The box from what I can tell seems to be bricked.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Veteran

Credits
Post time 2022-09-30 05:31:16 | Show all posts
One more idea... if you have two memory chips, what about trying to get something with one memory chip, and if it still doesn't work then try the 2nd memory chip... if you can't get something then I would suggest you contact Beelink Support directly at Support-PC@bee-link.com

If you can get something then I'm sure we can fix it.

Regards,

Roger

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
 Author| Post time 2022-09-30 06:35:21 | Show all posts
Thanks Roger! I really appreciate all the feedback. I've actually tried that and tried to put them in different slots as well. I even went as far as swapping my kingston drive for a samsung 980 pro and swapped the ram for another brand I had just pulled from my wifes laptop. No go on either front. If the box would just light up when I power it on as it did before I would have some hope but it's not even posting. The only reason you know it's turned on is because the fans are at full speed immediately.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2022-09-30 15:14:30 | Show all posts
Hi I assume you have the mediatek wifi 6E card, my experience is this wifi card driver is causing W11 boot failure. Try booting into safe mode and disable the wifi 6E card and reboot. If you can boot then confirm this card maybe faulty or the driver is still buggy.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Veteran

Credits
Post time 2022-10-01 06:04:50 | Show all posts
Hi!

Yes, I'm using the AMD/Mediatek RZ608 WiFi 6E adapter. I have heard about speed going slow and potential bugs although I have not encountered them on Windows 11 Pro 22H1 nor 22H2 (I forced upgrade the day it became available). I'm located near Montreal, Canada... My bandwidth plan with ISP is 400 Mbps (download) and 55 Mbps (upload) and a Speedtest returns very acceptable speed (pretty much what an ethernet cable would give me).

I'm using driver "RZ608 Wi-Fi 6E 80MHz v3.3.0.615"

Regards,

Roger
220930_speedtest.jpg

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Sign up

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list