SER5 5600H Checking Media Presence

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2022-09-26 14:54:22 | Show all posts |Read mode
Edited by Steffi88788 at 2022-09-27 15:10

Hi,
my brand new SER5 Pro 5600H arrived and i did the initial start with Win11. When i did update the PC i let him alone doing this.
When i come back the system was in BIOS. When i escaped BIOS without saving i get into the loop that i get the message
"Cheking Media Presence" then going to BIOS ...clicking ESC without saving and again "Cheking Media Presence". After power off
i was able to boot into Win11. There i get a blue screen after some minutes going into the loop "Cheking Media Presence" again.

Is the built in Kingston faulty? Or maybe anything BIOS related, as old BIOS or something like that? It's a brand new out of the box
pc and iget this error.

BIOS (Project Version) is "SER_V1.11_P4C7M43_Manual".

Any info is welcome. THX in advance.
BR

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Veteran

Credits
Post time 2022-09-26 19:42:19 | Show all posts
Checking media presence...

Enter the BIOS and make sure the default Boot is your Kingston driver and not PXE.  If this is not the problem then power off the machine, unplug, open the casing and make sure hard drive is properly in place then enter the BIOS again, make sure the default boot is your Kingston drive then exit the BIOS and boot normally.

If it does not fix the problem then let me know.

Regards,

R
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
 Author| Post time 2022-09-27 15:07:34 | Show all posts
Edited by Steffi88788 at 2022-09-27 15:39

Ok. What i did so far:
- Contacted seller and he gave me link for BIOS Update. BIOS is now on "SER_V1.14_P4C7M43".
- Checked default Boot and selected Kingston drive and saved when exit BIOS
- Checked Hardware placing
- Also checked system files and did a RAM Test. All was fine.
- Used PC for some internet surfing about 30minutes or so without problems yesterday
- Today i powered on the machine and in Win11 while surfing i got again a blue screen with "KERNEL_DATA_INPAGE_ERROR"
  and error "win32kfull.sys". Then the pc jumps directly into the BIOS. Then i am again in the click ESC and getting "Cheking Media
  Presence" loop. I noticed when this happens the Kingston drive is not shown in BIOS and not selectable. I had to power off
  the machine and then get into BIOS again. Then i can select Kingston drive again for default boot. But also tried when not
  selecting explicit Kingston as boot drive it will boot into Win11 when Kingston drive is available.

For me the question is still if the Kingston drive is the primary error cause or whatelse is making this behaviour....

While i get this error from the beginning, I only installed a different Brwoser so far to look for more information. So no different driver or apps or something else in on this pc and i permanent getting into  this "Cheking Media Presence" loop.  

THX for info so far and BR  

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Veteran

Credits
Post time 2022-09-28 08:51:10 | Show all posts
Hmmm... I've seen this BSoD before. This M$ link should help you find the answer and/or determine if drive is faulty.
https://learn.microsoft.com/en-u ... l-data-inpage-error

I hope it helps!

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
 Author| Post time 2022-09-30 04:07:11 | Show all posts
Edited by Steffi88788 at 2022-09-30 04:20

The given Link was interesting but sadly did not solve my problem finaly.

I changed the built in M.2 SSD and until now it seems alright. No Blue Screen and the changed M.2 SSD was recognized at every
boot up. For me it seems that the drive which was built in and delivered is faulty or incompatible. I hope it is not the mainboard
that is faulty and shows only the error from time to time.

Any idea how to test the motherboard completely in a short time if it is 100% ok?

I am not sure if i should send the whole stuff back to the seller or just ask for a M.2 SSD replacement or something like that. I'll see...

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Sign up

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list