Return to list New
View: 4516|Reply: 10

Mini S Black Screen Checking Media Presence

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2022-09-13 08:44:07 | Show all posts |Read mode
I just bought this Mini S 2 months ago. And I thought it was great, but last week, I turned it on and it said Checking Media Presence... Media Present... Start PXE over IPv4 on MAC: I tried restarting and it would go to the same black screen, same wording. Then I disconnected everything from the Mini S, reconnected everything and it would go back to the same black screen with the same words. Amazon told me to buy an SSD and that they would reimburse me. So I did. I added the SSD and it went to the same black screen with the same words - Checking Media Presence... Media Present... Start PXE over IPv4 on MAC:  So can anyone help me with this? I need help. Thanks in Advance..

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2022-10-13 03:24:24 | Show all posts
I have the same issue - it appears our Mini-S no longer detects hard drives in general.

I thought the NVME was faulty, so I tried installing a new SSD drive via the SATA. The bios didn't detect anything there either.

Tried installing Windows from a USB drive - Windows installer didn't detect any drives.

Reached out to BeeLink Support - nothing!
Reply Support 1 Not support 0

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Veteran

Credits
Post time 2022-09-13 10:13:23 | Show all posts
First Step would be to check if your system can see a bootable drive or not. To do so, try the following;

If you power on the machine and constantly hit <f7> until you get the screen; "Please select boot device"...
On this screen, you should have something like;
UEFI: PXE...
Windows Boot Manager (name_of_default_boot_disk)   <---- default boot disk
Enter Setup (this is to enter the BIOS)

In other words, does your system see a bootable disk?!?

You may also enter the BIOS (power on mini pc, constantly hit <DEL> until you enter the BIOS, and set default settings, save and exit.

If the system has no problem and can see a bootable disk then something is wrong with Windows.

I hope it helps. Let me know.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
 Author| Post time 2022-09-14 07:44:04 | Show all posts
rmarion59 replied at 2022-09-13 10:13
First Step would be to check if your system can see a bootable drive or not. To do so, try the follo ...

OK, I tried that and it took me to the screen to select boot device. And I hit UEFI:PXE... But then it took me back to the same black screen where it says "Checking Media Presence... Media Present... Start PXE over IPv4 on MAC:"  So Beelink pp in Amazon said that I had to reinstall the system. And that it's best to download the system from the beelink website, that there would be no driver failures. And for me to contact technical support to get system and installation method.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Veteran

Credits
Post time 2022-09-14 08:35:20 | Show all posts
Edited by rmarion59 at 2022-09-14 08:38

Hi Hemlovers1,

This is what I thought. Your system does not seem to see a bootable Hard Disk.

As for PXE... Preboot eXecution Environment (PXE... Pixie) is NOT a bootable disk.
PXE is a set of standards that enables a computer to load an operating system (OS) over a network connection.
PXE can be used to quickly install an OS and is commonly used for both servers and clients (or Thin Clients).
It may also be called PXE boot, boot from network, network boot or local area network boot.

If you enter the BIOS again, Can you see a Hard Drive under Security tab?
If you see a Hard Disk under this BIOS page/tab then the system recognises the presence of a hard disk but it doesn't mean this hard drive is bootable nor has Windows 10/11 installed. If that's the case then you'll have to access the Beelink Support page for your machine and download the Windows 10/11 image then follow re-install procedure in the PDF file also available on the Beelink Support page for your mini pc.

If no hard drive present on this BIOS page/tab then I would suggest to open the mini pc, and make sure your hard disk is well plugged/connected.

Let me know.

R
Security_[20-23-40].jpg

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
 Author| Post time 2022-09-16 08:21:20 | Show all posts
So non of that worked. I followed the System Tutorial. I downloaded the Windows 11 PRO System of Mini S, then I extracted the file into the U disk.  I inserted the U Disk into the Mini S, and pressed F7 repeatedly. But it didn't say Windows Boot Manager. It just said Please select boot device:  So I Entered the UEFI: and the name of the U disk. So I clicked on Enter Setup, but it would take me to the Blue window Setup. The one with the tabs- Main, Advanced, Chipset, Security, Boot and Save & Exit.  But it never loaded the files. That's all it did.  What else can I do? Thanks in Advance...

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2023-01-04 02:45:57 | Show all posts
I am having the same problem. After 5 months of working pretty well, today the PC will not start. In the BIOS, it shows no NVMe devices detected. I have opened a repair ticket with Beelink, so hopefully they can help.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2023-06-09 16:09:38 | Show all posts
Formats like Avro and Parquet have emerged as efficient solutions for big data processing, offering high-performance data storage and retrieval. Furthermore, the compatibility of data log formats with modern cloud-based technologies ensures

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2023-09-14 11:43:10 | Show all posts
Try formatting the SD card using the MINI desktop app or another SD card formatter tool. This will wipe the card and could fix corrupt data.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2023-09-20 14:45:03 | Show all posts
Use the MINI desktop application or another SD card formatter to try formatting the SD card. By wiping the card, corrupt data may be fixed.

Use magic Report

12Next
Return to list New
You have to log in before you can reply Login | Sign up

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list