View: 3953|Reply: 1

Boot from Sata Drive instead of NVMe Drive

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2022-09-09 02:15:47 | Show all posts |Read mode
Hello

I just purchased a new SER4 (Gen4 / 4800U) Mini PC and I am very happy. It's fast and efficient.

I now need to temporarily boot from Sata Drive instead of NVMe Drive, But I could not figure out how (I tried all sorts of settings in BIOS and Boot Menu)...

As a matter of fact, the bios BOOT MENU does not seem to see the SATA drive, and does not propose to boot from it (even if it' properly inserted and installed : once I startup with the Windows11 installed NVMe drive, and once logged in, we do see (and can browse) the SATA SSD Drive... But I could not figure out how to boot from that drive instead... I even tried to remove the NMVe Drive (and leave only the SATA SSD Drive) and it still refuses to boot from there...

So, my question is how to setup the BIOS in order to "force boot" through the Sata SSD Drive ? (or see it in the F7 Boot menu ?)

Thank you for your help and suggestion  
info@diggen.tech

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2022-09-10 10:43:25 | Show all posts
Edited by ratpie at 2022-09-10 10:44

i just built a 4700 with the exact issues. no boot from usb drive or an internal HDD. the override in the bios forced nvme and ignored everything else... tried all kinds of different tricks and got the same result every time.
2 x SER4 4700U 0ne with MX Linux & Linux Mint
SER6 7735HS MX Linux
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Sign up

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list