View: 1075|Reply: 1

Problems with USB ports and cables in SER4 4800u

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2022-08-27 16:06:27 | Show all posts |Read mode
It is a great little powerhouse. But not perfect. This is the first item where I can't use my portable usb-c monitor with a single USB-C to USB-C cable. No video is transferred. While the exact same cable transfers data without problems (at the maximum speed) and on other computers video works with this cable. Tranfering data to the same SSD external drive with an USB A to C cable is a different story. One cable doesn't work on this computer (used the same combination on many other without any problem). Another cable works but with a transfer speed of 30MB/s in stead of 300MB/s

Another strange thing. I have a USB-C multi port hub with ethernet, usb a ports and hdmi.  If i plug this in and use from the hub a USB-A to USB-C cable and a HDMI cable the monitor works.

No idea why, but is frustrating. Too bad, because the computer works fast and is very silent. But in my use case it could have been a lot better if it worked with the cables i've been using several years without a hitch.

Am i doing something wrong? But why is this the only computer where these problems occur?

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Super Moderator

Credits
Post time 2022-08-30 09:38:33 | Show all posts
Hello there,
SER4800 doesn't support USB-C to USB-C cable, if you want to use USB C, you need to use a docking station/hub.

Best regards,
George
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Sign up

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list