View: 1072|Reply: 2

Inverted USB ports

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2022-08-22 20:51:20 | Show all posts |Read mode
(Note- It's very strange to have a forum with no search feature. It makes it difficult to check if an issue has been raised before)

The SER4 is in many ways a brilliant piece of design, but it does have one oddity- all the standard (i.e. non-USB C) ports are upside down! Conventionally USB type 1 ports have the plastic "blade" inside the socket at the top of the port, but on the SER they are all inverted. I know i'm not the only person who will have noticed this.

If you are just plugging cables into the machine it doesn't matter too much, it's just a bit disconcerting, however in the first few hours of use I ran into problems with two "direct plug" USB devices-
  • A USB soundcard, than would have had all its control buttons on the underside
  • A USB WiFi dongle with a built-in aerial. This could only be arranged with the aerial pointing directly forwards out of the machine, because the normal "up" position would have needed to poke down through the surface of the desk

Obviously it's something you can work around, but if this is a "feature" of Beelink machines in general can I suggest they change it in future designs because it's a nuisance.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Super Moderator

Credits
Post time 2022-08-24 16:20:54 | Show all posts
Hello there,

Thanks for your feedback.  We will discuss with our designers about it.
Have a nice day.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2023-02-18 04:17:51 | Show all posts
Hi,
A temporary solution, if desk space allows, and fits your workspace aesthetic, might be to turn the mini pc on one side.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Sign up

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list