Please select To the mobile version | Continue to access the desktop computer version
View: 1131|Reply: 2

GTR GR9 5900HX Overclock?

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2022-08-18 23:09:17 | Show all posts |Read mode
I'm evaluating several Beelink units for my company. I've noticed the existing BIOS

is very detailed with many options available!

I'm curious if anyone has experimented with tuning this machine to get better performance? I'm not complaining as it benchmarks very well, but most AMD products have a significant capability over their stock settings. I'm just curious if some enthusiast has already done the hard work of overclocking this machine?

Here is a benchmark report I ran, AZW GTR Performance Results - UserBenchmark

Overall, I'm impressed with the unit although they left a lot of performance on the table when they shipped it with a Gen3 SSD instead of a Gen4! I realize the cost would be much greater but they should offer that option anyway!

--=Metanis

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2022-08-19 13:28:44 | Show all posts
When I tried OC with my unity, I just turned ENBLE my PBO and had Windows shutdown.
I left it on AUTO and my computer was stable.

I stopped testing OC or messing with something, I prefer a stable system.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2022-08-24 12:38:02 | Show all posts
Edited by Jackson at 2022-08-24 12:39

I am overall impressed with this unit but keep in mind it is a mobile unit with a mobile processor.
Generally it runs cool but if you are putting heavy workstation demand on it, maybe you would need to consider additional cooling options (including changing the fan settings to let it run more noisely).  There are some simple cooling options including additional heatsink layering, I have no idea if anyone has tested this.  I am under the impression that the beelink already has some level of copper heatsink.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Sign up

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list