Please select To the mobile version | Continue to access the desktop computer version
View: 3478|Reply: 3

4800U Fan Noise

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2022-08-18 11:29:07 | Show all posts |Read mode
Hello, I am thinking of buying the 4800U and it seems that many of the reviews mentioned that the fan noise can be quite loud.

How has your experience been with fan noise for those of you with the 4800U?

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2022-08-18 22:20:08 | Show all posts
Edited by Chudik at 2022-08-18 22:22

I believe it depends on the load.
I helped to setup 4700U (not too many differences) and watched 4K video on Youtube and there was a barely audible rustle. Decided to buy 4800U for my HTPC after that
I guess if you play modern games, you will hear the noise.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2022-08-19 07:18:39 | Show all posts
My 4700U makes a fairly loud whoosh for a few seconds on startup, but then settles down to be barely audible in normal use.

This machine is mostly going to be used for lighweight stuff like web browsing, Youtube, and email so I don't expect fan noise to be an issue unless over time the fan clogs with dust. I get the impression the fan is hard to get at to clean, but luckily this machine is so small it can sit on the desk away from the worst of the dust sources.

The fan clearly can get loud. It's small so it has to spin fast. If you have the machine set to a high power limit and use it for gaming i'm sure it will be more audible, but then if you game with headphones you probably won;t notice.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2022-08-20 00:08:17 | Show all posts
My 4800U is virtually unnoticeable. total silent. but since i deactivated the turbo boost, my max temp is around 50 Celsius, no high load for the fan, which can also be set up at the bios, like the frequency above 20khz, which makes it higher than humans could hear by default

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Sign up

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list