View: 1064|Reply: 2

Mega.nz file downloads

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2022-08-17 04:10:34 | Show all posts |Read mode
I just bought an SER4 4700U and I want to downgrade to Windows 10.

I was concerned to see Beelink using a generic file download service (Mega.nz) to serve files, and more so when I tried the download and found it stopped 3 or 4 times demanding that I either pay for a subscription, or wait 3-5 hours (!) for the download to resume.

I realise that hosting download file traffic could be a significant expense for a small organisation but-

• Downloading an OS image from a general-purpose file hosting service, without even checksums being published for the files make me very nervous. As a general rule I would only download an OS image from a trusted site (i.e the manufacturer), and check the download checksum, because of the risk of malware injection.
  • The Windows 10 Pro download from Mega is going to end up taking me about 1 1/2 days because of all the lengthy delays.

Is the Windows 10 Pro linked from the Beelink site customised to suit the machine? because I can download a generic Win10 Pro installed image from Microsoft in a couple of hours, so if the result is the same I would choose the Microsoft download every time.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
 Author| Post time 2022-08-17 23:07:05 | Show all posts
FWIW, I downloaded the generic Windows 10 Pro installer image from Microsoft. It installed with no problems on the SER4 4700U, and picked up the license key without any issues. Recommended approach.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Super Moderator

Credits
Post time 2022-08-18 11:51:19 | Show all posts
Hello there,

Sorry for the inconvenience.
You can download it from Microsoft , the system is the same.
If you have any questions, please let us know.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Sign up

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list