SER4 4700U: NVMe boot SSD not detected

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2022-08-13 00:42:20 | Show all posts |Read mode
Edited by bryanh at 2022-08-18 21:58

Hello:

I have a SER4 4700U that has an annoying issue where upon manual or automatic (ie. Windows Update) reboot, the system enters immediately into the BIOS.  The NVMe shows as not present in the NVME configuration in the BIOS.  The only way to fix this is to power cycle the system, then the NVMe is present again and the machine boots normally.  Here's what I've done so far:

- Clear the CMOS
- Opened the case and re-seated the NVMe in the connector.

Any ideas on what might be causing this?

Thanks,
Bryan

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Super Moderator

Credits
Post time 2022-08-16 10:22:05 | Show all posts
Hello there,
Could you please send us a picture of SN on the bottom of the PC and a picture of purchase record ?
support-pc@bee-link.com

There might be something wrong with the hard ware components, maybe it is loose.
Please take out the SSD and RAM and then put them back , make sure they are installed properly. Also please clean the gold finger with a rubber. Here is the tutorial  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hEd_7nmWVOk
If it still doesn’t work, please try to replace SSD and RAM or put the SSD or RAM to other devices to test if they work.
Reply Support 1 Not support 0

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
 Author| Post time 2022-08-24 03:24:42 | Show all posts
In case anyone else runs into this...

My particular SER 4700U has a Kingston SNVS500G SSD installed.  I downloaded the Kingston SSD Manager application from Kingston ( https://www.kingston.com/en/support/technical/ssdmanager ), and when I launched the application, it notified me that a firmware update was available for the SSD, that would "Improve system compatibility".  I installed the firmware update and now the warm restarts do NOT go instantly to the BIOS.  The firmware update seems to have solved the issue.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Sign up

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list