View: 1115|Reply: 1

New GTR5 32GB with WiFi issues

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2022-07-10 18:32:42 | Show all posts |Read mode
Hello,

on my new GTR5 during the first sessions,the wifi was impeccable, good speed and no latency (wifi signal was full).
A few sessions later, the GTR5 started having problems with connecting to my home network, despite i haven't changed anything. I have a work laptop on the same desk that ran properly on the same network and I have changed nothing on router's/network side. When I managed to reconnect to the network, the speed and the latency made the internet connection completely useless/not usable.

I then updated drivers of the wifi adapter, with no improvement. So I tried to get rid of the 2.4GHz network on router's side, with a slight improvement in performance. During all changes, the other devices at home were flying (have 1gbps speed).
Status now is I can surf internet, but connection with latency and low bandwidth on the device won't let me play games (the reason I bought the GTR5).
Sometimes the wifi network disappears from available network (only on GTR5, SSID still visible on other devices) and then comes back with very low signal which is very frustrating. For me plugging the ethernet cable is not possible so need to run wifi.

I tried clearing dns cache,restarting my router, restarting the GTR5, they appear to improve the performance for few minutes, restoring the low latency, signal, speed, but it quickly falls off.
Below my specs of the adapter and the drivers i have installed at the moment. As you can see, receive rate is poor and signal says it's 30% (at the beginning was 90%) and in any other device in the same location is flying.

Name                   : Wi-Fi 2
    Description            : RZ608 Wi-Fi 6E 80MHz
    Interface type         : Primary
    State                  : connected
    SSID                   : FASTWEB-H4EI4O
    BSSID                  : 78:29:ed:a0:e6:69
    Network type           : Infrastructure
    Radio type             : 802.11ac
    Authentication         : WPA2-Personal
    Cipher                 : CCMP
    Connection mode        : Auto Connect
    Band                   : 5 GHz
    Channel                : 52
    Receive rate (Mbps)    : 30
    Transmit rate (Mbps)   : 234
    Signal                 : 30%
    Profile                : FASTWEB-H4EI4O
    Hosted network status  : Not available

Network Adapter: RZ608 Wi-Fi 6E 80MHz
Driver provider: MediaTek, Inc.
Driver Date: 27/04/2022
Driver Version: 3.3.1.535

Would you have any ideas?

Thank you.
Steve

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Veteran

Credits
Post time 2022-07-24 10:28:22 | Show all posts
What is your router brand and model?
...Radio type             : 802.11ac
you are presently running Wifi-5 (AC) on 5Ghz band, not Wifi-6 (AX)...
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Sign up

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list