View: 1525|Reply: 5

I have never been able to successfully install linux on GT King PRO

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2022-05-08 10:52:33 | Show all posts |Read mode
本帖最后由 hobapli 于 2022-05-08 17:00 编辑

I have been trying various images for a long time to install a linux operating system, but either I cannot boot or something is not working.
Can someone guide me, what am I doing wrong?
Wifi never worked, gpu never recognized properly, sound never worked (even after said voice activation command)
I tried the vim3 image from the Manjaro forum. Ethernet was working but wifi was not. Of course the sound didn't work and the graphics were very bad.
Why is it so hard? I wonder if there are different gt king pro versions?

I have tried tons of type usb memory , different distros & different installations etc.
What i want ? Enabled sound , WIFI , Ethernet and healthy graphics. Darkstar's "Beelink GT King Pro - Debian 11 Bullseye SD-USB Firmware with 4.9 Legacy Kernel"  was good but , no sound no ethernet no wifi working...

Is there anyone to guide me?

Edit : i have seen there are two firmware option of firmware.   Could this be related to my problem ?
my serial starts with 6B9H ...
Re-Edit: I'm typing via Darkstars Ubuntu Firmware. I had to boot usb by otg port. Thank you guys. Is there any way to enable Wifi and BT ?

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2022-05-10 13:35:51 | Show all posts
hobapli 发表于 2022-05-08 16:53
Hi JFL I've read almost all of your posts, nice to read your answer.

I saw these yesterday and imme ...
So Have you tried these releases? Were you able to boot without any changes?

Yes, I am using Manjaro-Arm-Gnome (currently Gnome 42.1) on USB Flash Drive (somehow it does not boot on Samsung SD Card on my device. Suspects kernel compatibility issue with Samsung SD Card).  Started with one of the older GT King Pro image and it can boot from without any modification.  It can also boot from any of the USB 3.0 Port.  

I can confirm that manjaro distro works like a charm! Only without Wireless but anyway its very cool. Thank you JFL

If you have a newer GT King Pro with Wifi 6 chips, not sure whether there is any drivers for Linux yet. Best post your question to @spikerguy from Manjaro Team.

Which desktop did you choose?  Gnome desktop seems to work well with our device.
Reply Support 1 Not support 0

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2022-05-08 16:13:25 | Show all posts
本帖最后由 JFL 于 2022-05-08 16:21 编辑
I tried the vim3 image from the Manjaro forum. Ethernet was working but wifi was not. Of course the sound didn't work and the graphics were very bad.

You can try Manjaro-Arm develpment images for GT King Pro:
https://github.com/manjaro-arm/gtking-pro-images/releases/ With the new Manjaro-Arm GT King Pro images you should be able to boot from any of the USB Port.

Is there any way to enable Wifi and BT ?

Does your GT King Pro have wifi6 chipset?
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
 Author| Post time 2022-05-08 16:53:32 | Show all posts
本帖最后由 hobapli 于 2022-05-08 17:07 编辑

Hi JFL I've read almost all of your posts, nice to read your answer.

I saw these yesterday and immediately did a few tries. The round thing kept spinning for hours under the Monjaro logo and was not able to boot again. So Have you tried these releases? Were you able to boot without any changes?

I'll try it by OTG usb port now.  By the way yes it says wifi 6 on the side.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
 Author| Post time 2022-05-08 18:01:20 | Show all posts
I can confirm that manjaro distro works like a charm! Only without Wireless but anyway its very cool. Thank you JFL

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
 Author| Post time 2022-05-14 06:18:40 | Show all posts
JFL 发表于 2022-05-10 13:35
Yes, I am using Manjaro-Arm-Gnome (currently Gnome 42.1) on USB Flash Drive (somehow it does not  ...

I'm using KDE Plasma, all works without WIFI and some BT issues. Anyway im very glad with that.
looking forward to i@spikerguy 's reply.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Sign up

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list