View: 6816|Reply: 7

U59 No Audio Over HDMI

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2022-02-23 03:28:46 | Show all posts |Read mode
My new U59  (8 GB RAM & 256GB SSD) from Amazon does not provide any audio to my monitor desipte what I've done to review drivers, etc. Windows 10 and 11 both do not work. This is using an HDMI cable and monitor that work fine on my Dell laptop. So i sent the U59 back to Amazon and had them send me another U59 ... same result no audio over the HDMI to a monitor. I'm thinking perhaps all U59's are defective in this regard .. though they seem very nice otherwise.

SO .. has anyone else experienced this on a U59 or even a similar but older Beelink model? Systems: no audio out from a monitor's speakers using an HDMI cable. When you click on he speaker icon to choose where to route the PC's audio out .. you really only have the normal Realtek choices .. no choice for any sort of HD Audio (as I see on another Windows 11 laptop when using an HDMI cable to a monitor.

Does anyone know what a fix could be? As in what drivers control this? How can I get a copy? The 3.5mm port does output audio properly to an external speaker .. so using an external speaker is a workaround. Any other work arounds known? Or things to try?

Thanks in advance for any help!

Gary KE8WO

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2022-02-27 18:47:03 | Show all posts
I'm thinking perhaps all U59's are defective in this regard

I've setup almost 12 unit beelink u59, via hdmi to tv and some monitor. All unit got no problems with sound over hdmi.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
 Author| Post time 2022-03-01 07:15:39 | Show all posts
epik replied at 2022-02-27 18:47
I've setup almost 12 unit beelink u59, via hdmi to tv and some monitor. All unit got no problems wi ...

Interesting!

Did you have to do anything special to get the audio to work on your monitors? Or did you just plug in your HDMI cable and the U59 enabled the proper driver and it just worked?

I've reloaded the display audio and RealTek drivers both in Windows 10 and even updated to Windows 11 .. nothing made it work.

But hey ,, thanks for the response .. much appreciated!

Gary KE8WO

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2022-03-01 13:13:45 | Show all posts
Edited by epik at 2022-03-01 13:15

I'm not doing anything special. Just plug in the HDMI cable between U59 and tv/monitor. Actually all my unit cloned with my version of windows setup, installed with a driver found from beelink product page.
But I just received 2 more unit with preloaded windows. So, I just verify it, audio over HDMI for both unit still works perfectly while running with preloaded windows and drivers.
Untitled.png

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
 Author| Post time 2022-03-02 02:56:58 | Show all posts
Double interesting!

So I must have done something wrong but I expected a simple plug and play action to get the audio working .. as it did on two other PC's, .. one window 10 and the other 11. But not the two U59's I tried.

Oh well ... I give up and am also returning the second U59 to Amazon. Too bad, its a nice PC and I got it at a reasonable price.

Thanks again .. and best wishes!

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrator

Credits
Post time 2022-05-19 17:00:29 | Show all posts
For audio questions, please contact the after-sales staff by email.
E-mail: support-pc@bee-link.com

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2022-07-25 20:39:32 | Show all posts
I got audio from my hdmi but it is only stereo. Is it possible to send surround sound to HDMI for example for Disney+ or Prime Video apps? I can get 5.1 audio only with local file played by KODI setting passthrough audio. I think it only a software issue. Thank You

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2022-11-16 18:24:57 | Show all posts
Lucmic replied at 2022-07-25 20:39
I got audio from my hdmi but it is only stereo. Is it possible to send surround sound to HDMI for ex ...

can you please share details on how you were able to get the audio sent from the mini pc to the 5.1 audio system

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Sign up

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list