Please select To the mobile version | Continue to access the desktop computer version
View: 4596|Reply: 7

SER3 Monitor Flashing

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2022-01-24 22:02:02 | Show all posts |Read mode
Hello,

I have purchased two of the SER3 and installed a clean installation of Windows 10 Pro, and have also downloaded the drivers from the Beelink support site.
Each computer is connected to LG 34WP65C-B 34-Inch monitor.
However, with BOTH computers, the monitors will go blank for 1 or 2 seconds and then go back to normal.
There is NOT a power issue with the monitors.  They are not turning off.   They are only losing video for about 1 to 2 seconds, and then come back on.
Both computers are connected via the provided HDMI cable.

Can you suggest a fix?

Thank you.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrator

Credits
Post time 2022-01-25 11:49:35 | Show all posts
Hello,
It looks like a resolution and frequency issue, what resolution and display frequency is your monitor? You can try to adjust the output and monitor to the same resolution in the system settings.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
 Author| Post time 2022-01-26 04:15:16 | Show all posts
The resolution is set to 3440 x 1440 which is the default for this screen.  See attached screenshot with an image from the Amazon description and also the Windows 10 setting.
Image 045.png

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
 Author| Post time 2022-01-26 04:29:19 | Show all posts
Also, the frequency is shown here.
Image 046.png

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2022-02-14 00:52:57 | Show all posts
Edited by celticf8 at 2022-02-15 14:21

Almost all of these intermittent 1 second black blank screens are related to the cable design or shielding problems that cause sync issues that require the device to pause and force a new handshake between computer and monitor. The higher the frequency and resolution the chance increases of this happening. I have seen this a lot with onboard Radeon Vega graphics. I have a lot of HDMI cables and the problems with frequency changes or interference in the cable itself occurs often with marginal products above 1080p resolution. There are a lot of fake cables out there, too, boasting specs that are marginal compared to the actual cable rating they boast. Some copper HDMI cables that fail to meet the target specs of the manufacturer have added ferrite magnets placed near the HDMI connectors on both cable ends. Sometimes these are added after the cable is manufactured because it failed to meet the targeted manufacturing specifications. Simply put, look to your cable as the problem and try others. Even Amazon has fakes of trusted name brands so it is a real problem finding the right cable. If you don't have a box of cables to try or if none of them solve the problem, I suggest you try this: order a high bandwidth cable that supports 8K at at least 60 Hz. Look at the reviews. 70%+ 5 star reviews is my threshold to try. Keep the packaging and send it back to Amazon if the problem continues after hooking up the new cable. Then, order another cable and try it. Shorter is better for shielding issues. On your current cable you can try lowering the frequency to 50 Hz or lower and then lower resolution to see if and where the problem stops. Sometimes I have acheived a stable connection at the desired sync and resolution simply be lowering the color depth to 8 BPC. Currently, I'm running at 4K@60 Hz which is the SER3's max video output. My current cable is very sensitive, despite its advertised high specs, and the blank screens reappear simply by moving the cable. Make sure that the cable doesn't come close to power lines, even DC power modules. Also, you can attempt to beef up your current shielding by wrapping your cable in extra tinfoil. The monitor/TV power supply can cause blank screens with some cable placements that are too close to the location of the power board at the back of the monitor/TV. I've pretty much eliminated drivers and Radeon software as the cause for the blank screen problem. With all my PCs with AMD onboard graphics, the problem you describe was always resolved by finding the right HDMI, DP or miniDP cable. It is very frustrating!

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2023-01-11 01:36:30 | Show all posts
Edited by MichaelQuaMan at 2023-01-11 01:40
celticf8 replied at 2022-02-14 00:52
Almost all of these intermittent 1 second black blank screens are related to the cable design or shi ...

Upgraded cables to 8K based on this recomendation. Screens till randomly (4-10+) times per 8 hours) going blank for about a second and coming back on. I was hopeful new cables would solve the problem, but didn't.

Beelink SER5
(2) SAMSUNG UR59 Series 32-Inch 4K UHD (3840x2160)

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2023-01-18 13:49:37 | Show all posts
Does it still blank out at 50hz ?

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2023-10-31 07:28:43 | Show all posts
celticf8 replied at 2022-02-14 00:52
Almost all of these intermittent 1 second black blank screens are related to the cable design or shi ...

Hey,

My SEr3 just started acting up.  It's been fine for 2 years and now it's doing the handshake flicker issue you describe.

Does it make sense to you that the cable can work for a while and then fail?  Or would a bad cable reveal itself fairly fast?

I hope you see this because I'm at wit's end.  (Half-wits really, lol.)

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Sign up

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list