Please select To the mobile version | Continue to access the desktop computer version
View: 4263|Reply: 4

GTR 4 Won't Power On

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2022-01-20 02:37:23 | Show all posts |Read mode
Hello.  I am the owner of a brand new GTR4. The first time I booted it up it worked fine.  I completed Windows 11 setup and it probably restarted ~3-4 times between Windows setup and the subsequent Windows Updates.  After this I didn't use the PC for a few days.  After coming back to it, the GTR4 will not consistently start.  After I press the power button, the power button lights up and I can hear the fans run at 100% for about 2 seconds before the system shuts down completely.  The same behavior is observed when I unplug and replug the power supply.  The Power button seems to be extremely sensitive.  It will either ignore my pressing it, or it'll power up with the slightest touch, again turning off after ~ 2 seconds.  So I am wondering if there is an issue where the power button is stuck or malfunctioning on the inside of the case.  The PC will behave this way regardless of whether there are peripherals attached or not.
Would someone from bee-link help me diagnose the issue?  I emailed support but received no reply.
Thanks

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
 Author| Post time 2022-01-26 03:40:24 | Show all posts
After no reply to my email or the above post, I opened the GTR4 to investigate.  I was able to narrow down the issue to the power button itself.  As you can see from this video I took and posted to YouTube, the red rubbery power button presses the power switch mounted on the motherboard, however the switch remains depressed, and thus the PC powers down after a few seconds.  You can see in the video that I would have to push from the opposite side to allow the power switch to come out, which will allow the PC to remain powered on.  So clearly there is an issue with the power switch being pushed too close to the red power switch.  

Still waiting for word from Bee-Link support.  Not impressed.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2022-02-02 14:45:05 | Show all posts
I have a GR5, and it's been 2 days since the computer turned on the first time. If not the tenth time, having to remove the power and reconnect. I don't know if it's a problem with the current, the power supply or the power button. We already started with the computer problems...

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
 Author| Post time 2022-03-10 21:52:02 | Show all posts
For those interested, I discovered that the power button itself (mounted on the motherboard) is just a hair too close to the rubber pad that you press to turn the PC on.  It's just close enough that the button can click-in but not click-out when pressed.  This has the same effect as when you just hold down a power button.

I solved the problem by loosening the screws a bit and pushing the power button away from the case.  It now starts fine.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2023-11-24 14:44:23 | Show all posts
Petemac replied at 2022-03-10 21:52
For those interested, I discovered that the power button itself (mounted on the motherboard) is just ...

thanks for sharing

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Sign up

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list