Please select To the mobile version | Continue to access the desktop computer version
12Next
Return to list New
View: 10285|Reply: 14

fan speed on gk mini

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2021-12-04 09:27:27 | Show all posts |Read mode
I recently got  a GK mini which I like very much except for the sound of the fan which s unacceptable. I checked the bios and tried Speedfan to no avail, The fan sounds like is running at full speed constantly which seems to be gross overkill for this processor. Anybody have any suggestions?

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrator

Credits
Post time 2021-12-08 18:21:23 | Show all posts
isoprene replied at 2021-12-06 15:06
I am suffering the same problem.
An alternate way is to open the box and find the fan, the fan is a  ...

Hello.
Thank you for your feedback, we will submit your suggestion to the technical staff.
Reply Support 1 Not support 0

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2021-12-06 15:06:54 | Show all posts
I am suffering the same problem.
An alternate way is to open the box and find the fan, the fan is a four-wired  pwm fan. Make the two color yellow and blue wire short circuit. (Red color wire is + and black color wire is -) In this way, the fan works in a slow speed, you can't run a lot of heavy work in case the cpu is too hot.
Hope the official can update the bios to realize pwm function.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2021-12-08 22:26:18 | Show all posts
Edited by Furaah at 2021-12-08 22:38

Hello !

I have the same problem with my GKMini (Nice little computer btw !) : The fan noise is annoying, as I have opened it I can confirm this is a indeed PWM fan, would it be possible to have an updated BIOS with fan speed control, and TDP control (see below) ? Thanks !

---

My workaround so far has been to ... remove the fan completely (making it a passive device).

It's idling around 50-55 degrees, which is fine, however in load the temp would go much much higher (80+, which is not fine), so I can't recommend this solution and would advice caution / check your use case if you want to do something similar.

My plan was to reduce the TDP to 6 watts (from 10 watts) to compensate the lower cooling capability, but it seems that I am unable to do so using the BIOS options either : There are lot of options that do not seem to be coded / wired to the hardware (ex : fan enabled on/off doesn't seem to have any impact) or missing (tdp).
I am also searching for alternate options like another bigger heatsink that would be compatible with that board to increase the cooling capability, but no luck so far.

In general an updated /cleaned bios would be appreciated : fan RPM control, TDP, remove options that do not have any effect etc...
Thank you

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2021-12-10 08:21:00 | Show all posts
Furaah replied at 2021-12-08 22:26
Hello !

I have the same problem with my GKMini (Nice little computer btw !) : The fan noise is ann ...

Indeed, hope the bios can be updated.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
 Author| Post time 2021-12-16 00:36:06 | Show all posts
Furaah replied at 2021-12-08 22:26
Hello !

I have the same problem with my GKMini (Nice little computer btw !) : The fan noise is ann ...

I find the fan noise to be so annoying that I would take the chance on overheating. I took the cover off but the fan is apparently under the motherboard. How can I access it?

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2021-12-16 15:45:01 | Show all posts
TonyK replied at 2021-12-16 00:36
I find the fan noise to be so annoying that I would take the chance on overheating. I took the cov ...

Just remove the screws holding the mobo then you can lift the whole assembly (do it with caution as the wifi antenna is attached).

Here is a pic with the fan removed :

Again, not recommending this, at your own risk/monitor your temps.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
 Author| Post time 2021-12-18 11:28:25 | Show all posts
Furaah replied at 2021-12-16 15:45
Just remove the screws holding the mobo then you can lift the whole assembly (do it with caution a ...

Thanks but i kinda solved the problem. I took it off of the back of the monitor and placed it on a carpet  under my desk. Turn it on with a surge protector and put a long corded usb hub. I can barley hear it. I think part of the sound came from the fan vibrating the casing against hard surfaces due it's constlant high speed. A no tech solution but I hope they update the bios soon as much is lacking.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2022-01-14 15:08:17 | Show all posts
Hi, Unfortunately it's not just the vibrating case that makes the pc noisy. The fans are malfunctioning. The fan type is bf05008h05fp. But unfortunately I can't get this anywhere. Does anyone know how to purchase?

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2022-01-18 13:36:11 | Show all posts
@chrisf has posted a solution for the U57 fan speed issue. He adds a new controller board for the fan.
http://forum.bee-link.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=71109

My GK-Mini is at a different location - so I can't open and see if there is room to add this board.

Anybody tried this yet?

Use magic Report

12Next
Return to list New
You have to log in before you can reply Login | Sign up

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list