View: 2590|Reply: 5

Vector graphical video playback

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2021-08-22 10:45:47 | Show all posts |Read mode

Hi!
First of all... I want to address the beginning of this message to the admins. I wanted to register with my gmail email address, but the verification email never arrived. I tried it many times with two different gmail addresses and I also checked the Spam folders. (there was nothing there) So I used another random disposable email address, so I was able to register here, but if there will be any new email messages from here, I won't get them because of this anomaly. Question is: WHY?

So I've recently got this device, its version number starts with: 6B9H and it doesn't have the serial port, but an optical audio instead.

When I try to OTA update it, there are no new updates.

The main problem is that the videos are somehow converted on-the-fly with some picture quality improving process and they look as if they were vector graphical videos and they are also overcontrasted, lighter areas are burnt and the overall impression is that the characters and faces look like a painting or something like that. Let me show you some examples:

Of course this is a photo, not a painting.

Two versions of the same frame:
1. taken with another android box without this PQ function
2. GT-King Pro with vector mess

And now a close-up of a face:

Even the subtitiles are fucked up. Vector like... that reminds me of ClearScan OCR function in Adobe Acrobat.

I have found this file mentioned in this topic: http://forum.bee-link.com/forum. ... &extra=page%3D1

If I modify that pq ini and set everything to disable, it doesn't have any effect. If I delete the file, it doesn't have effect either. It is still not clear to me that the misspelling in the file has to be corrected or not or whether it has an effect on this vector-like appearance or not.

Can you tell me how to completely turn it off, so they would look like as those in my earlier android box?

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2021-08-24 09:24:54 | Show all posts

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
 Author| Post time 2021-08-24 12:47:01 | Show all posts
Nice!
Very constructive criticism! Would you elaborate it?
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrator

Credits
Post time 2021-08-25 16:56:57 | Show all posts
Hello, Tomika.

Thank you very much for your detailed explanation of the problem, our technician adjusted the new firmware according to the information you provided, below is the new firmware download link, you can try it to see if it can solve your problem.

https://beelink.oss-cn-hongkong.aliyuncs.com/%E9%80%9A%E7%94%A8/%E4%B8%80%E6%AC%A1%E6%80%A7%E6%96%87%E4%BB%B6/meiss/GTKing_PRO_918P0.7z

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
 Author| Post time 2021-08-26 00:44:30 | Show all posts
Does it differ from this version of 918P0?

https://bit.ly/2UKTmEa

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
 Author| Post time 2021-08-28 02:24:19 | Show all posts
The flashing with the USB burning tool doesn't work at all. I connected it via USB male-male cable to my computer, pressed the Start button and nothing happened. If I pressed first the Start button and then connected it to my computer, nothing happened too.
I tried the LOCAL update tool with a pendrive, all the necessary files copied to it and when the device restarted I got the following picture:

Hiba = Error

Then I tried to modify the PQ edit ini again and it turned out that the misspelling shouldn't be corrected and this way it works. When I turned all the PQ options off, the SD picture became somewhat worse, but at last it is not vectorial any more. Settings take effect only if the device is restarted.

But for me it's still a question whether
1. the pq.AllPQModule.en option affects all the settings below as if they were automatically enabled/disabled depending on that one (allPQ) option
2. OR it just turns on the PQ modules so that you can set them individually. And if allPQ is off then the other options don't have effect either.

How does it work?

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Sign up

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list