View: 2197|Reply: 3

Wifi problems after update

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2021-06-15 23:59:20 | Show all posts |Read mode
I've got a B922 S/N. My box hung while applying the OTA update last month. I left it on for a couple hours but finally got tired of waiting and toggled power, and it was bricked.

Yesterday I finally got around to trying to re-flash it, and apparently I used the wrong firmware. I think I used a 915P0 from a non-B922 image. I made a bootable SDcard which booted when I held the reset button on powerup and it seemed to update and successfully boot into Android. But while wifi would scan and show my networks, it always failed to connect. Also, the upgrade wasn't complete because if I toggled power without the SDcard, the box still wouldn't boot. It would only boot successfully with the SDcard inserted.

Eventually I figured out that I had used the wrong image, and grabbed a 912P0 for B922 image, and got that to install from the SDcard. This update appers to have fully installed correctly, because the box now reboots normally on its own. So I'm now on the correct firmware but the wifi still won't connect. I've wiped cache and done a full factory reset too and still not working. What do I need to do to get this going again?

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrator

Credits
Post time 2021-06-16 15:52:54 | Show all posts
Hi there
Has the antenna of your machine fallen off?
Can you disassemble your machine and let us take a look at your motherboard picture? Please provide a clear picture, we need to check
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
 Author| Post time 2021-06-17 06:41:59 | Show all posts
No, there is nothing physically wrong with the box. I managed to boot CoreElec from an SDcard and it has no trouble connecting to the wifi network. In android it connects and immediately disconnects again, according to kernel logs.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrator

Credits
Post time 2021-06-17 11:04:44 | Show all posts
hyc replied at 2021-06-17 06:41
No, there is nothing physically wrong with the box. I managed to boot CoreElec from an SDcard and it ...

Hi there

For this problem, please contact with the email address:support-pc@bee-link.com

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Sign up

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list