View: 1452|Reply: 3

Turning on/off with supplied G20 remote & question about CEC and standby?

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2021-06-08 06:54:49 | Show all posts |Read mode
Hi, had my unit 1 day so been having a little mess around with it and updating it etc..

My old unit was a EBOX T8-V, my old air remote did turn that on/off which was an MX3 remote.

Up to now i had CEC on and when i turned the TV on the light would come on the unit and it would be on the screen and when i turned the tv off the light would go off on the GT King Pro, at first i assumed it was turning off which is what i wanted but then realise that i would leave it for a bit then change the source from normal TV back to the unit and the light would come on but the unit was instantly be on the home screen, so it's obviously not actually turning off and just in some kind of standby mode

How do i get the unit to turn fully off if using CEC and can i get the remote to also turn it on/off? i have my old MX3 remote and even though it works it doesn't turn this unit on and off.

To get it to fully go off i thought i would turn CEC off then shutdown, but then realised if the remote doesn't work i have to keep going to the unit and pressing the on/off button which is a bit of a pain.

Any help with all this would be greatly appreciated as i am sure i must be missing something, i have never had a unit go into this standby mode where it doesn't seem to turn off full when i shutdown.

Thanks

James

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrator

Credits
Post time 2021-06-08 11:10:53 | Show all posts
Hi there

If you use our machine remote, can the TV and BOX be turned off normally?
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
 Author| Post time 2021-06-08 15:21:57 | Show all posts
Edited by james_uk at 2021-06-08 19:07

I seem to be fine now, the original remote does actually work, not sure why it didn't at first.

You could deletethis post

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrator

Credits
Post time 2021-06-09 15:43:11 | Show all posts
james_uk replied at 2021-06-08 15:21
I seem to be fine now, the original remote does actually work, not sure why it didn't at first.

I will not delete this post, if someone encounters a situation similar to yours, he can see it

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Sign up

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list