Problems pairing Bluetooth remote [SOLVED]

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2021-05-29 00:18:46 | Show all posts |Read mode
Edited by TheBlackAdder at 2021-05-29 20:36

Hi,

I have had a GT-King for a few months and I am generally quite happy with it. Instead of the included remote/flymouse, I have been using a flymouse/keyboard combo. It is one of the many generic models available from aliexpress and many other sites. It works, as the original remote, by RF and a USB dongle as receiver. It works fine.

Recently I bought the bluetooth version of the remote, the G7BTS (you'll find it easily with a google search, it is a known model), to replace the RF one. My problem is that no matter how much I try I have been unable to pair it with the GT-King. I have been able to pair the remote with a number of other devices (a Minix Neo U1, my desktop computer which has a CSR dongle, my Xiaomi smartphone...), so I know the remote works. At the same time, I have also been able to pair other bluetooth devices to the GT-King (different types of headphones, mostly), so I also know that the bluetooth module of the box works, for audio at the very least. Yet, every time I try to pair the remote to the box the pairing fails.

Specifically, the box "sees" the remote but when I click on its name to pair it to the box the message "pairing" appears for a few seconds and then disappears. No pairing whatsoever. The remote also "sees" the box because when the pairing process starts the LED on the remote changes from blinking to being off (which is the expected behavior; it is what happens when the remote is paired, for example, to the Minix TV box), but the pairing does not happen.

I have of course done the obvious things like resetting the remote to make sure that it is not paired to other devices, put it in close proximity to the GT-King, etc. I have also played with the bluetooth options in the "Developer Options" section, but no effect. It almost seems as if there were some type of incompatibility between the remote and the BT module in the GT-King, or perhaps the driver. I have used a few diagnostic programs but aside from telling me that the remote is a BLE (low energy) device they don't give much information.

Anybody has found a similar problem, or has a suggestion?

Thanks in advance!

P.S: I am on the 915P0 firmware. My box has a 6B9X serial number.

EDIT: One additional observation, and it is an important one. It occurred to me to just boot the Beelink with OpenELEC and try... and it worked! The bluetooth remote is able to pair and I can use it normally in OpenELEC. Of course, as soon as I reboot into Android all is lost. This would point towards a driver/firmware issue, not to a basic hardware compatibility problem.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
 Author| Post time 2021-05-29 20:36:14 | Show all posts
Ok, problem solved: Installation of the latest firmware 916P0_wol_bt fxes it. Now the bluetooth remote pairs immediately with the GT-King!
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Sign up

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list