View: 2821|Reply: 2

TWRP for 922H?

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2021-05-02 02:10:26 | Show all posts |Read mode
Does anyone know how to install TWRP on 922H. Recently lost all of my userdata due to the latest 919P0 update (Box storage: USB SSD), and I want to make complete backups before applying updates.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
 Author| Post time 2021-05-02 04:05:36 | Show all posts
So far I came up with this. Not an elegant solution, but at least you would be able to access all of your data stored on the internal eMMC.

TWRP Recovery using SD Card:

Download TWRP Recovery IMG file from here: https://eu.dl.twrp.me/u212/
Format your SD card to FAT32 filesystem.
Save the TWRP img to the root of your removable SD card and rename it to recovery.img
Power off the device then power it on while holding the reset button.

You cannot replace the stock recovery with this, as the TWRP image is too large, boot the recovery image from your SD card when needed. Place the backup data onto an external USB device.

Apply the relevant OTA update on top of the restored backup to be able to boot your system.

With this method, you should be able to have all of your data you previously had, but all of the system settings will revert back to factory default.

Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2021-05-03 20:11:55 | Show all posts
Download the "Official TWRP app" from the Play Store, open it and allow it to run with root permissions.

(In your file browser) Place your twrp.img file you plan to use in a folder of your choosing, I leave mine in the downloads folder.

Now open the twrp app again, click twrp flash button, now click "select file to flash.." then navigate to the twrp.img file you saved earlier and select it. Click "FLASH TO RECOVERY" button, now you have a "Confirm Flash" popup, select OKAY. It will FLASH and give you a "Flash Completed Successfully" window, click OKAY button.

Now in the top left corner click the 3 line hamburger menu, inside select "Reboot" then "REBOOT RECOVERY"

Your device should boot into TWRP Recovery.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Sign up

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list