Please select To the mobile version | Continue to access the desktop computer version
View: 1503|Reply: 4

Mispriced

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2021-01-21 16:04:11 | Show all posts |Read mode
All GTR versions are strangely mispriced, on many markets they cost more than an established brand laptop with a FullHD screen, with the same CPU and similar ram+hdd. Or a normal sized PC with the same configuration, or a maxi-mini like Asus X300.

Adding ports (usb, nic, etc) is relatively cheap in manufacturing, compared to the cost of fullhd display, keyboard, touchpad, battery.

Who thought it's smart to try to charge a premium.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2021-01-22 01:09:12 | Show all posts
Point out other devices like this one that have the lower price keeping the quality and features. If there are none it means that it was not mispriced.
Moreover GTR is a desktop, not a laptop, it is a slightly different beast. I think that 300-400 USD I have paid for an empty one (no hdd, no ram) is a good price. Apart from small nuisances (like the fan that cannot keep one speed all the time and is plainly loud for some solutions) I consider it a really capable beast.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
 Author| Post time 2021-02-05 14:13:07 | Show all posts
Maybe there are not with "same" features, as when you buy a laptop you get a whole lot more, and that's what I did. I've another Beelink for lesser use, but GTR is simply poor price/features. Thanks to external HDMI connector the laptop can be used for watching movies on a large 4k tv, and then disconnect the cable and take your laptop wherever you want.

For more USB ports than builtin 3 which is less than GTR, one can always buy a new hub, and get as many USB, ethernet, whatever you need.

What I mean by mispriced that a laptop gives you 100's of $ worth of extra hardware in the FullHD screen, keyboard and touchpad, while not missing out on anything - for the same price.

Talking about quality, Beelink is still a stricly 2nd tier supplier with a rather sorry history. You just ask yourself why is the CMOS Reset such a prominent feature. At least now they can be reset instead of being permanently broken (read many other model forums), trying to use BIOS features Beelink didn't bother to implement properly nor exclude.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2021-02-06 07:44:50 From the mobile phone | Show all posts
Having a forum doesn't mean you cannot just post anything without proper knowledge.  The price is a bit on the higher side yes but it's not mispriced.  The quality of the product is premium and also the fact that amd cpu are in high demand it have high cost to it not to forget that vega gpu are considered as low end gaming gpu.  So do some market evaluation before saying anything.  Good luck with your calculation though.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
 Author| Post time 2021-02-06 11:35:40 | Show all posts
I did evaluate and calculate, that's why I now have a <brand name> lappy instead of a GTR. That is the whole point of the OP and subject line.
Same CPU, same or better everything except more USB and ethernet added via USB 3/C, with a <brand name> warranty of 3 years, local service centers, etc.

If you have a local seller providing warranty then paying the same might be somehow justified, if you reallyreally need a small pc and nothing else will do.

But if you're buying from a chinese netshop where you risk getting a lemon which you have to send back to China and pay at least $50 in mail costs, there'd have to be a sizable price difference to the benefit of GTR before it's actually a sane purchase, considering trouble and length of any warranty action. The trouble is just not worth it with higher priced items. I've once sent a $200 tablet back to China and all I can say is, never again.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Sign up

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list