View: 2881|Reply: 2

Open BT7 to clean the fan

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2020-12-26 23:12:19 | Show all posts |Read mode
Edited by OliverL at 2020-12-26 23:14

My BT7 is freezing about once a day, so I would like to clean the fan inside. How can I open it (I am an IT pro)? The 4 rubber feet seem to stick very heavily and I do not want to destroy them by using the wrong force. Are they glued to the metal bottom? I expect 4 screws under them, right?
Should I use a very sharp knife to cut them off? Maybe this will destroy them but I could live with that. And I do not need my BT7 any longer urgently just would like to see if I can fix it. I already ordered a new power supply to exclude instable input voltage as reason for the hiccup.
Kind regards
Oliver

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrator

Credits
Post time 2020-12-28 18:50:54 | Show all posts
Hello, you can remove the four rubber feet at the bottom and see the fixing screws under the feet. After removing the fixing screws, you can remove the bottom shell. Then just be careful not to shorten the antenna cable.
If the machine often freezes, you also need to consider whether the memory space is insufficient
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
 Author| Post time 2020-12-29 16:43:36 | Show all posts
Edited by OliverL at 2020-12-29 16:44
beelink replied at 2020-12-28 18:50
Hello, you can remove the four rubber feet at the bottom and see the fixing screws under the feet. A ...

Thank you, I already could open it by applying a little bit more force with my finger nails to the rubber feet. I could remove the memory and mainboard and see that the cooling lamellas were clean.
System ran without issues after re-mounting with Windows 10 20H2 for two days when I ended my tests. I ordered a new power supply and will check with this.
Memory (RAM + mass memory) are sufficient.

Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Sign up

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list