Author: darkstar

GT King Pro - Debian10 Buster & Ubuntu 20.04 LTS Focal Fossa Firmware

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2020-08-30 11:57:05 | Show all posts
darkstar replied at 2020-08-29 16:13
I'm sorry JFL Debian doesn't block printing.
I think it is about configuration of the printer, yo ...

Hi Darkstar,

No, I don't mean Debian or any Linux Distro will block USB output for Printing. I meant GT King Pro (GTKP) internal firmware blocking USB Printing.  I read in Beelink Forum, one GT King Pro user complaining about USB No sound output (I am taking is as Digital Audio format PCM or DSD output via USB) and seek help.  Beelink responded the GT King Pro does not support Audio (and I take it as Digital Audio format PCM or DSD output via USB).  

I also believe it is just configuration and is proceeding to seek advise and input on how to get GTKP to print.

Early this morning, I tried to when through the same process of setting up in Ubuntu 20.04 in GT King Pro for printing in Laserjet 1020:
System>Printers
>Add>HP Laserjet 1020 (LJ1VXPH) Connection:USB (recognized by the Add Printers App)

Go through the same process mentioned in my earlier email what I did in Debian Buster Print Settings (in Ubuntu it is Printers).  When comes to Print Test Page, the same thing happened (Printer Status: Went from Processing to Finished and Idle). But No output from the printer.

I would like reach out to any GT King Pro users having any success connected to any USB Printer directly and have a success in printing and would appreciate your guidance on how to setup USB printer to print.

Best Regards.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2020-08-30 11:57:46 | Show all posts
darkstar replied at 2020-08-29 16:38
apt install printer-driver-foo2zjs

Hi Darkstar,

Thanks. Will give it a try.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2020-08-30 12:32:32 | Show all posts
darkstar replied at 2020-08-29 16:38
apt install printer-driver-foo2zjs

Installed printer-driver-foo2zjs and when through to add another printer Laserjet 1020-2 when select HP Laserjet 1020 and Forward it automatically apply the foomatic driver and when straight without the usual need to select driver bit. But Print Test Page still not output.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2020-08-30 15:31:45 | Show all posts
spikerguy replied at 2020-08-28 05:08
Hello jfl,

Installing printer in linux is fairly simple depending on which distro you're running.

Hi Spikerguy,

I notice you are using "Beelink GT King Pro (S922X-H) - Manjaro ARM Linux". Is your GT King Pro connect to a USB Printer directly? Or are you able to print anything with the GT King Pro via USB printer?

Best Regards
JF Lim

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2020-08-30 18:04:44 | Show all posts
Hi Bee-Link Support,

Bought a Beelink GT King Pro around end July, 2020 (SN: SA9HH..).  I am facing issue with printing Android OS and Linux OS.  My printer is HP Laserjet 1020 connected to GT King Pro via USB port.  In Linux Debian 10 Buster and Ubuntu 20.04, both system recognizes the HP Laserjet 1020 seems to have the drivers to setup or configure the Laserjet 1020 and recognizes the printer is connected via USB. But whenever I try to print, there is no print output.  For your info, in Android installing HP Print Service and following the HP Support on how to print via USB in Android also did not provide and desired outcome of having printer output when I print documents.

Would like to seek your assistance in resolving this.  I have two kind and considerate fellow GT King Pro users namely Spikerguy and Darkstar guiding me on Linux and went out of their way to assist.  I have given a fair bit of details in my earlier postings above on how the setup the configuration in Linux.

Thank you and Best Regards.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2020-08-31 01:27:54 | Show all posts
Hi Spikerguy & Darkstar,

Just read the old Odroid N2 Announce in CNX Software (Feb 2019).

"The company will provide Ubuntu 18.04 LTS image with Linux kernel 4.9, as well as Android 9.0 Pie image and BSP for the board. Hardware accelerated video decoding is working in Ubuntu including 4K/UHD H.265 60fps, but Mali G52 GPU Linux driver only works on the framebuffer, as Arm has no plan to support X11 on Bitfrost GPU. A Linux Wayland driver will be released in a few months."

Odroid N2 also uses S922X and they have managed to in to include hardware acceleration in Ubuntu.  Any chance of porting this to Beelink GT King Pro Ubuntu 20.04 and Debian Buster?

Just curious.  

Best Rgds.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2020-08-31 16:37:10 | Show all posts
JFL replied at 2020-08-31 01:27
Hi Spikerguy & Darkstar,

Hello JFL,

No there is no plan to add closed sourced arm Mali GPU drivers as Manjaro tries to be open source Platform, another issue with using it is that it will only work with old legacy kernel which does not get any security updates anymore like 4.9Odroid N2 is a development board and they can provide hacky stuff while Beelink is a Professional consumer product company so they can only provide a stable software where only Android is currently fully stable to be used with ARM devices.

Regarding the issue for printing, Beelink can only help you with the issue on Android OS, I'd recommend creating a new thread for this issue only for Android as for Linux on Arm is still in development process and most of the stuff may or may not work.

If you are able to send print command to the printer from Linux as well as Android but both are not able to print anything then i would suspect it to be the printer issue, just check the printer with any other Linux X86 pc to verify if the printer is working fine under linux drivers.

Feel free to tag me if you need any other help.
Beelink GTR7 (7840HS) - Manjaro Linux
Beelink SER5 (5600U) - Manjaro Linux
Beelink GT1 Ultimate (S912) - Libre Elec TV
Beelink GT King Pro (S922X-H) - Manjaro ARM Linux
Beelink GS King X (S922X-H)  -

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
 Author| Post time 2020-08-31 17:08:15 | Show all posts
Edited by darkstar at 2020-08-31 19:30
JFL replied at 2020-08-31 01:27
Hi Spikerguy & Darkstar,

Actually both of my firmwares have hardware acceleration for framebuffer interface.
I used same kernel with Coreelec...

Yesterday I build a new Debian 10 image  with Kernel 4.9.232 and tested it with 4k 30 FPS V9 file.
I used MPV as media player and  CPU usage was about % 40 - %50, it is way better than previous builds.
When I tried a second 4k 60 FPS V9 file CPU usage reised to %100 and some frame drops occured but there was no glitch.

I think bifrost driver is a better option, if we can run bifrost driver + wayland we can get better acceleration.

@spikerguy linux kernel 4.9.232 is an old version but it is absolutely open source.
As you know corelec builds their kernel from source code too and old kernels get updates as usual.
Your decision about using mainline kernel is % 100 corect but it is not stable enough yet for Amlogic S9XX.
When I decide it is stable enough I will use mainline kernel in my builds too.

Regards,

root@Lenovo:~# mediainfo /media/root/ROOTFS/root/Iceland\ HDR\ 4k\ Dolby\ Vision-Y8v23Cg4EBw.webm
Complete name                            : /media/root/ROOTFS/root/Iceland HDR 4k Dolby Vision-Y8v23Cg4EBw.webm
Format                                   : WebM
Format version                           : Version 4
File size                                : 639 MiB
Duration                                 : 5 min 16 s
Overall bit rate                         : 16.9 Mb/s
Writing application                      : Lavf58.20.100
Writing library                          : Lavf58.20.100
Video
ID                                       : 1
Format                                   : VP9
Codec ID                                 : V_VP9
Width                                    : 3 840 pixels
Height                                   : 2 160 pixels
Display aspect ratio                     : 16:9
Frame rate mode                          : Constant
Frame rate                               : 23.976 (24000/1001) FPS
Color space                              : YUV
Language                                 : English
Default                                  : Yes
Forced                                   : No
Color range                              : Limited
Color primaries                          : BT.709
Transfer characteristics                 : BT.709
Matrix coefficients                      : BT.709
Audio
ID                                       : 2
Format                                   : Opus
Codec ID                                 : A_OPUS
Channel(s)                               : 2 channels
Channel layout                           : L R
Sampling rate                            : 48.0 kHz
Bit depth                                : 32 bits
Compression mode                         : Lossy
Language                                 : English
Default                                  : Yes
Forced                                   : No

Reply Support 1 Not support 0

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2020-08-31 20:38:32 | Show all posts
darkstar replied at 2020-08-31 17:08
Actually both of my firmwares have hardware acceleration for framebuffer interface.
I used same ker ...

Yes @darkstar

You're right Linux 4.9 is open sourced but not the amlogic drivers used for vpu.
I never said linux4.9 is closed source.

Yes Mainline for Arm soc is still under development as driver are written using reverse engineering which takes alot of time.
Beelink GTR7 (7840HS) - Manjaro Linux
Beelink SER5 (5600U) - Manjaro Linux
Beelink GT1 Ultimate (S912) - Libre Elec TV
Beelink GT King Pro (S922X-H) - Manjaro ARM Linux
Beelink GS King X (S922X-H)  -

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
 Author| Post time 2020-08-31 23:38:07 | Show all posts
Edited by darkstar at 2020-09-01 00:09
spikerguy replied at 2020-08-31 20:38
Yes @darkstar

You're right Linux 4.9 is open sourced but not the amlogic drivers used for vpu.

Yes you did not write its closed source but you wrote those words below. That is why I explained the situation, 4.9 Kernel is old but it is open source and will continue to get updates as usual. By the way vpu is totally different topic.

...another issue with using it is that it will only work with old legacy kernel which does not get any security updates anymore like 4.9...

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Sign up

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list