GT King Pro - Debian10 Buster & Ubuntu 20.04 LTS Focal Fossa Firmware

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Credits
 Author| Post time 2020-08-24 17:40:21 | Show all posts
JFL replied at 2020-08-21 17:39
Hi Darkstar,

I am new to Android TV Box and Linux.  Recently bought the GT King Pro (SA9H) and upda ...

Can you try it with a usb stick sdcards may cause problems with linux releases USB stick works better.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2020-08-25 01:47:32 | Show all posts
darkstar replied at 2020-08-24 17:40
Can you try it with a usb stick sdcards may cause problems with linux releases USB stick works bet ...

Hi Darkstar,

Thanks.  I actually reformat the SD Card with Rufus to a FreeDos start up disk before flashing image with Balena Etcher. It might have caused some problems.  This evening I reformat the SD Card with Windows 10 and Windows 10 recognise the SD Card as SDHC card whereas previously with Rufus refomart the SD Card,  Windows 10 recognised it as USB drive, Not as SDHC card.

Will try to flash the Ubuntu image again tomorrow and if it still fails to boot up will go get a USB Stick.  Initially I thought GT King Pro can only boot up from the emmc or from SD Card only, not knowing it can also boot up from USB Stick.  Good to know USB Stick works better.

Will report back once I have another go on flashing the image.  Thank you.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
 Author| Post time 2020-08-25 17:04:21 | Show all posts
JFL replied at 2020-08-25 01:47
Hi Darkstar,

Thanks.  I actually reformat the SD Card with Rufus to a FreeDos start up disk befor ...

I prefer Debian image, but will check Ubuntu 20.04 image again with sd card for you.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2020-08-25 17:51:34 | Show all posts
Hi Darkstar,

Both the SDHC Card (32GB) and SanDisk Ultra USB 3.0 Stick (32GB) Drive cannot boot up stuck/freeze at “Beelink Logo”.  I tried both Debian and Ubuntu Image both same result.  This what I did.

1)        Unzip both the Debian and Ubuntu Image on the Laptop.
2)        Use BalenaEtcher to flash Debian or Ubuntu image on SDHC Card or USB Stick. Both such successful but always there is another Drive will show up and is not non-readable.  Example, Windows 10 identify the SDHC as drive E: after BalenaEtcher completed flashing Drive E: is\now name E:\boot and another drive will pop up as drive F: or drive G: but when you click at it Windows will pop up message to Format drive E: or G:
3)        After BalenaEtcher completed flashing and indicated successful. Drive E:\boot now have the following files:
        Android Folder
        dtb Folder
        dtb-4.9.206 Folder
        LOST.DIR Folder
        aml_autoscript
        aml_autoscript.zip
        boot.ini
        boot.scr
        config-4.9.206
        dtb.img
        env.txt
        initrd.img-4.9.206
        remote.conf
        s905_autoscript
        s905_autoscript.cmd
        System.map-4.9.206
        ulnitrd
        ulnitrd-4.9.206
        vmlinuz-4.9.206
        zImage

Drive F:\ or Drive G:\ (created after Etcher Flashing. Not readable in Windows 10)

4)        Copy g12b_s922x_beelink_gt_king.dtb to SDHC or USB Stick. Delete dtb.img and rename g12b.dtb as dtb.img.  Eject SDHC or USB Stick.
5)        Insert SDHC or USB Stick  into GT King Pro and Turn-On Power Screen Blank or Freeze at “Beelink Logo”.

Appreciate guidance on what went wrong and why is there another drive pop up that is not readable which is part of the SDHC or USB Stick drive after Etcher flashing the image?  When you Eject the SDHC or USB Stick after Etcher completed flashing the image the Non-Readable Drive F: or G: will also be Ejected.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
 Author| Post time 2020-08-25 18:16:13 | Show all posts
Edited by darkstar at 2020-08-25 18:31
JFL replied at 2020-08-25 17:51
Hi Darkstar,

Both the SDHC Card (32GB) and SanDisk Ultra USB 3.0 Stick (32GB) Drive cannot boot up  ...

I assume you activated multiboot by pressing pinhole under the device.

I tested with a sdcard and there is no problem with the image.
I think your device is version A please try revision A dtb from attached zip file.

By the way there are 2 partitions

1st one is Boot Partition which consist of boot files,

2nd Root Partition which is ext4 file system consist of system files and etc.
and Windows cannot read ext4 it is ok no problem there.

Beelink-DTB files.zip

67.63 KB, Downloads: 139

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2020-08-25 20:35:21 | Show all posts
darkstar replied at 2020-08-25 18:16

I tested with a sdcard and  ...

Hi Darkstar,

My unit is GT King Pro with Serial Number start SA9H ( I think it is Revision A with speed of 1.8 GHz only NOT 2.2GHz as some of the earlier unit).  Received my unit July 28, 2020.  I actually contacted Bee-link Support to complain that my unit NOT up to spec (1.8GHz instead of 2.2GHz) instead was informed by Bee-link Support 1.8GHz is the correct normal speed and 2.2GHz was the so called abnormal speed! Surprised to hear of this from Beelink.

Since my GT King Pro with firmware 912P0 (latest as far as I know released on July 21, 2020?) it support the System Switch by Pressing and Hold On to the Power Button or First Boot Up via Bootable SD Card or USB Stick that is inserted into the ports before Turn-On just like the CoreElec SD Card that came with the GT King Pro.

I tried both System Switch after boot into Android and Hold Power Button for System Switch to Boot from SD Card or USB Stick and also by inerting into USB or SD Port before Power Up and both did not work.  Did not try using using Pinhole, I see one small pinhole next to the SD Card Slot and two holes at the bottom (suspect are screw holes, but not sure).  Are you using Beelink GT King or GT King Pro?  By the way the dtb file is g12b_s922x_beelink_gt_king.dtb as "beelink _gt_king.dtb" is it also applicable or useable for GT King Pro?

Thanks for explaining the other Partition.

Will download Revision A dtb and try it shortly.

I was inaccurate earlier by saying after flashing the Android Folder is on the SDHC or USB Stick.  It appears only after insert into the GT King Pro and try to Boot Up.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2020-08-25 21:29:10 | Show all posts
darkstar replied at 2020-08-25 18:16

I tested with a sdcard and  ...

Hi Darkstar,

Good news, with the "revision A" dtb.img I successfully boot up with SDHC card.  After entering "root" and "beelink".  It pop up to select config method.  I selected "Default Config".  Was choosing "Default Config" the correct/right choice.  Anyway it boot up with the screen:

Top Left Corner Application and Top Right Corner 4 Blank Squares, Clock
/Time, Bluetooth Icon, Ethernet Connection Icon, ((0)), root
Trash Icon/Recycle Bin
File System Icon
Home Icon/Folder.

Bottom Center Six more Icons

I boot up in Debian Buster.  When I enter the command "apt-get update && apt-get upgrade -y"
Notice Debian Buster in some of the update or upgrade files.  Actually forgot whether the Debian Buster or Ubuntu Focal was on the SDHC since I tried Flashing so many times with the incorrect dtb.img.

Managed to connect to WIFI.  The time seems to wrong it shows 16:05, it should be 21:05.  How do I change the clock to my local time?

Thank you, Darkstar, thanks for the good work and appreciate your kind guidance and assistance.  Now have to start learning how to use Debian Buster and Ubuntu.

Just notice the Update and Upgrade msg:
W: Operation was interrupted before it could finish.
Re-Enter the command "apt-get update && apt-get upgrade -y"
Msg 0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.

I supposed it must have updated and upgraded earlier.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2020-08-25 21:56:40 | Show all posts
Hi Darkstar or Fellow Debian Buster Users,

Just notice that I cannot load up Chromium Web Browser.  I select from the Application Tab, Internet, Chromium Web Browser. Chromium did not load up.  Any suggestion.  I selected Thurderbird it load up.  I am connected to WiFi.  Libre Office Writer, Calc works but have not tried others.  So far cannot access or load up Chromium Web Browser in Debian Buster.  Have not tried on Ubuntu yet.

Sorry to trouble you all, I am totally new to Linux.  Thanks in advance.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
 Author| Post time 2020-08-25 22:34:03 | Show all posts
JFL replied at 2020-08-25 21:56
Hi Darkstar or Fellow Debian Buster Users,

Just notice that I cannot load up Chromium Web Browser.  ...

Congratulations,

If you want to install software you must update the software first.

1- Open a console and run commands below
2- sudo apt update
3- sudo apt upgrade
4- sudo apt install chromium-browser
5- you can run it now from start menu

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2020-08-25 22:56:56 | Show all posts
Hi Darkstar,

Once again thank you.  With the "Revision A" dtb.img I am also able to install Ubuntu Focal 20.04 LTS onto my GT King Pro (SN: SA9H).  Also have the same "Starting Camera Service" and "Stopping Camera Service" many times. but boot up ok.  If I leave "Starting Camera Service" and "Stopping Camera Service" alone without removing it is it ok?

Enter Command: apt-get update && apt-get upgrade -y

Msg: E: The repositor 'https://dl.khada.com/repos/focal Release' does not have a Release file.
N: Updating from such a repository can't be done securely, and is therefore disabled by default.
N: See apt-secure(8) mapage for repository creation and user configuration details.

Any advise what I need to do to get update for Ubuntu Focal 20.04 LTS?

Appreciate your input.  Glad I am able to run install both Debian & Ubuntu to run on GT King Pro.  It Libre Office apps load faster than Windows Word, Excel, Power Point or WPS office in Windows 10 on a 2017 Celeron Laptop!

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Sign up

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list