Author: darkstar

GT King Pro - Debian10 Buster & Ubuntu 20.04 LTS Focal Fossa Firmware

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2020-07-17 00:24:16 | Show all posts
Hello F8R,

We have had some users running VSCode on Manjaro ARM Linux for Arm devices.

I hope to get a working Manjaro Arm Linux Image for GT King Pro.

Thanks for supporting Linux.
Beelink GTR7 (7840HS) - Manjaro Linux
Beelink SER5 (5600U) - Manjaro Linux
Beelink GT1 Ultimate (S912) - Libre Elec TV
Beelink GT King Pro (S922X-H) - Manjaro ARM Linux
Beelink GS King X (S922X-H)  -
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2020-07-18 15:12:46 | Show all posts
Edited by F8R at 2020-07-18 15:21

That is a good news, spikerguy.

I'm not familiar with Linux, but Ubuntu with opengl driver and  Android 64 bit with Vulcan support have been available from Hardkernel for Odroid N2 (which use same CPU as GT King Pro).

The source is available on their site.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2020-07-24 10:08:54 | Show all posts
Hello darkstar.

Can you share the link of the kernel you used?  

I will try your images tomorrow and share my feedback.

Thanks for your work.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2020-07-26 04:54:19 | Show all posts
hi any idea, why after step#5  of installation instructions (boot with sd in switch os mode)  it just stuck at Beelink logo?

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
 Author| Post time 2020-07-27 00:13:48 | Show all posts
spikerguy replied at 2020-07-24 10:08
Hello darkstar.

Can you share the link of the kernel you used?  

I compiled it within the firmware image so there is no link for the kernel to download.
If you want you can extract it from firmware images.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2020-07-27 05:37:21 From the mobile phone | Show all posts
I mean where did you get the source for the kernel?  Do you have git where you save your work?  If you used a kernel branch for 4.9 then i can try to build it. Also where did you get the dtb from?  

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
 Author| Post time 2020-07-27 19:07:49 | Show all posts
Edited by darkstar at 2020-07-27 23:41
spikerguy replied at 2020-07-27 05:37
I mean where did you get the source for the kernel?  Do you have git where you save your work?  If y ...

I used Coreelec's latest dtb file for my images,

I don't have a repository, so you can try Coreelec's repo or Khadas repo or Hardkernel's repo.
They all have Linux Kernel 4.9 branch.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2020-07-29 23:43:44 | Show all posts
Hello
Thanks for the reply, Can you try to copy large file from a usb to the os On your images and see if they copy fine?
Also check for the transfer rate for better understanding ?

Or else I will have to give it a try myself ;)

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2020-08-21 17:05:45 | Show all posts
Hi Darkstar,

I am new to Android TV Box and Linux Ubuntu.  Bought GT King Pro recently, enjoying streaming videos on it. But would like to use the GT King Pro as a light day to day desktop PC.  Installed WPS Office Android version and created some documents but was unable to print to my printer HP Laserjet 1020 eventhough I followed the instructions from HP Support to print from Android Box using USB OTG.  Contacted Bee-Link Support and was informed the GT King Pro cannot support printer.  This is limiting the use of GT King Pro as day to day Desktop PC.  This lead me to try install Ubuntu on GT King Pro to see whether it will turn the GT King Pro into a desktop PC..

1) Downloaded Ubuntu image from the Link provided.
2) Downloaded GT King Pro tree from the link provided.
3) Formatted SD Card (Samsung Evo Plus Class 10 32GB)  using Rufus (FAT32) Bootable.  Burn Ubuntu image as is (without unzip) using BalenaEtcher to SD Card.
4) Delete old dtb.img file.  Copied g12b_s922x_beelink_gt_king.dtb to SD Card and rename as dtb.img.
5) Eject SD Card from Laptop and insert SD Card to GT King Pro and Start up.  Boot up to Android successfully so Switch Boot to SD Card.  Freeze at "Beelink Logo"  now is about 50 minutes.

Do I need to unzip the Ubuntu image first before using BalenaEther to burn the image on SD Card?  Appreciate your guide so that I can successfully install Ubuntu on the GT King Pro and use it as a desktop PC.  Thank you..

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2020-08-21 17:39:38 | Show all posts
Hi Darkstar,

I am new to Android TV Box and Linux.  Recently bought the GT King Pro (SA9H) and updated the firmware from 909P0 to 912P0.  Enjoying streaming video on the unit.  Downloaded and installed WPS Office on the GT King Pro and tried to print some documents to my printer (HP Laserjet 1020) via USB OTG port but was unsuccessful eventhough I followed the instruction from HP Support for Android Printing via USB OTG port.  Contacted Bee-link Support and was informed by Bee-link Support the GT King Pro does not support printer/pringting (I supposed in Android OS).  This is limiting my use of GT King Pro as a light day to day desktop PC.

This lead me to download Linux Ubuntu to try to turn the GT King Pro to be a better desktop PC.  I am assuming in Linux Ubuntu it will support the HP Laserjet 1020.

Thanks for the excellent guide to Install Linux on GT King Pro.  Stuck in guide (5).  Freeze "Beelink Logo".

1)  Downloaded the Ubuntu image from link provided.
2)  Downloaded the GT King Pro device Tree from link provided.
3)  Create a bootable SD Card (Samsung Evo Plus 32GB Class 10) using Rufus (FAT32).  Flash Ubuntu image as is (without unzip) to SD Card using BalenaEtcher.  As far as I can tell it was successful.
4)  Deleted the dtb.img file on the SD Card.  Copied g12b_s922x_beelink_gt_king.dtb to SD Card and rename as dtb.img
5)  Eject the SD Card from Laptop and plug it into GT King Pro. On Turn-On boot into Android successfully.  Switch Boot to SD Card and Stuck at "Beelink Logo". Now more than 60 minutes. I am taking that I am unsuccessful in creating a Bootable Ubuntu OS SD Card.

Would appreciate your input where I went wrong?  Do I need to unzip the Ubuntu image first before using BalenaEtcher to flash the image to SD Cards? Appreciate your guide so that I can successfully install Ubuntu on the SD Card.  Thank you.
JFL

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Sign up

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list