MICROPHONE DOESNT' WORK

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2020-04-07 17:49:43 | Show all posts |Read mode
Hi,

I recently bought on Amazon.it this mini PC
Beelink X45 Mini PC DDR4 8G/128G MSATA SSD Intel Gemini Lake Celeron J4105 Processor Mini Computer (Dual HDMI2.0 4K Output/WiFi 2.4+5.8GHz /SATA3.0 1000Mbps LAN /USB3.0 * 4)
Windows 10 (Italian)
Very nice product, robust construction, I mounted an additional HD in the appropriate location… I really like it.
But I’m facing 2 problems:
1 very weak wi-fi reception;
2 no microphone input.
That’s why I’m writing to you, I hope you can give me a possible and “easy” solution to my troubles.
About the wi-fi, I use a USB Rangebooster as a workaround (D-Link DWA 140), and it works fine.
I don’t think it's a critical problem for me, because the destination of the Mini Pc is provided with ethernet cable and that’s the way I suppose to use it.On the other hand the Microphone input problem is more critical, because I need to make video calls and other similar activities.
I tried different input devices on the 3,5 inches jack port, but only the audio output works fine.
I tried some headphones with built-in mic for mobile phones and also a shotgun microphone for cameras (Pixel MC-50) .
The same is with bluetooth headphones with built-in mic for mobile phones.
It only works fine if I use an external USB audio card by TechRise I bought for different purpose (https://www.amazon.it/gp/product/B01J3QGU50/).
I updated the drivers and I also did the available Windows 10 updates, but the problem is still the same.
Thank you in advance for the help you can give me... Tiziana

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrator

Credits
Post time 2020-04-08 17:12:29 | Show all posts
Hello, the earphone jack of our product is equipped with MIC function, but the earphone interface is divided into OMTP standard and CTIA standard, our product supports CTIA standard, please use the earphone port with CTIA standard
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
 Author| Post time 2020-04-08 21:01:45 | Show all posts
Hi, thank you for your quick answer. We tried also with Bluetooth Earphone.. do you think that we can solve also for it?

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrator

Credits
Post time 2020-04-09 16:44:22 | Show all posts
TIZIANARUBINI replied at 2020-04-08 21:01
Hi, thank you for your quick answer. We tried also with Bluetooth Earphone.. do you think that we ca ...

If the Bluetooth headset cannot be used, but the driver is normal, please contact your seller for a refund

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2020-04-11 20:36:38 | Show all posts
As I understood after a little bit of analysis in this matter (I have the same problem), it looks like OMTP is old standard, meanwhile almos all devices nowadays are using CTIA... and confirmed by myself since my CTIA headphones works in all my computers (personal and work MS Surface), all my phones (Samsung, Xiaomi, HTC...)
My suggestion is for you to do also your own analysis and take the best decision for new models based on the number of satisfied clients you will get with each standard.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
 Author| Post time 2020-04-12 16:33:43 | Show all posts
As I wrote before, the Bluetooth headset works fine, but with the mini pc only the audio output works and not the mic input.
The same is with all the other headsets with a 3,5" jack.
The only way to have the mic input working is to use an external USB audio card.
Always without any special setting on the driver.

Considering that the aoudio output is always fine whatever I use, my question is: can the OMTP / CTIA jack standard affect also bluetooth headset?
I recently ordered a CTIA/OMTP  jack coverter, but I still haven't received it.
As soon as I can, I'll try it and keep you posted.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2020-04-12 20:23:20 | Show all posts
TIZIANARUBINI replied at 2020-04-12 16:33
As I wrote before, the Bluetooth headset works fine, but with the mini pc only the audio output work ...

No Jack have nothing to do with Bluetooth headset mic input.

All I can think of right now is that the Headphone you used is not supported by the Mini Pc.
This is exactly the same issue with my niece laptop which is Acer, cannot use Iphone Earphone with 3.5mm jack.

Finally ordered Bluetooth headphone with AUX support which works just find. I hope its the same with you and it should not be any issue with the Mini Pc jack.
Beelink GTR7 (7840HS) - Manjaro Linux
Beelink SER5 (5600U) - Manjaro Linux
Beelink GT1 Ultimate (S912) - Libre Elec TV
Beelink GT King Pro (S922X-H) - Manjaro ARM Linux
Beelink GS King X (S922X-H)  -

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
 Author| Post time 2020-04-16 01:41:12 From the mobile phone | Show all posts
Hi, thank you for your answer. I ordered a converter. I hope to solve the problem using this one.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Sign up

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list