View: 4662|Reply: 4

Tech Support -- Beelink GT-King Pro -- Nova Launcher -- App Drawer Problems

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2020-03-25 23:37:30 | Show all posts |Read mode
Hello,

I have a Beelink GT-King Pro (Blue Aluminum Case) with the latest software and firmware.  I even have your new updated firmware from 3/19/20.

Before I got the GT-King Pro, I was using a Beelink GT1 Ultimate for almost 2 years.

I really like running my Android TV Boxes with a regular Android type Launcher.  My favorite is Nova Launcher -- I use the full paid version.  Nova Launcher one of the most popular launchers in the world.

Nova Launcher is made by Tesla Coil  ( https://help.teslacoilapps.com -- support@teslacoilsw.com )

Nova Launcher ran just fine on my old GT1 Ultimate.  And it works partially on the GT-King Pro, but the big problem is:

I cannot get the applications which are in the app drawer to move to any of the main screens. Normally, you would just do a long press and drag them to one of the screens.

When I press and hold on an application inside the app drawer, nothing happens.  I cannot drag or drop it. Nor does a menu open that would allow me to access information or even delete the app.

The only thing I can do in the app drawer is click on the application quickly and then it will open.

It's like you can't do anything in the app drawer, other than run the application.

Now when I click on an application on the main page, which I only have a few, they must have somehow got there when I installed them, everything works fine. I can drag and drop them, and I can get the menu box to pop up with no problem.

What do I need to do to solve this problem with the app drawer?

By the way, I have this same problem with every other launcher that I have tried... And I have tried about 10 of the most popular Android Launchers. They all have this same app drawer problem.  Many have even more problems and features that do not work properly.

Best Regards

Jim

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
 Author| Post time 2020-04-07 11:54:49 | Show all posts
Does anybody have any answers???

Nova Launcher ran just fine on my old GT1 Ultimate. But not on the GT-King-Pro.  We just need to get the app drawer to work properly.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2020-04-07 22:39:25 From the mobile phone | Show all posts
Can you check on nova launcher forum?  Looks like it does not support the installed android version or maybe you can try a different version of the launcher.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
 Author| Post time 2020-05-01 04:12:56 | Show all posts
spikerguy replied at 2020-04-07 22:39
Can you check on nova launcher forum?  Looks like it does not support the installed android version  ...

I have tried 8-10 other very popular launchers and they all have the same problems, especially with the app drawer.  None of the popular android launcher work correctly, or even close to correctly, on the GT-King Pro.   

And all of the launcher that I have tried worked just fine on the GT1-Ultimate.

Maybe you, or someone else can tell me which popular android launchers do work correctly on the GT-King Pro?

I have never had problems like this with an Android media box and any of the popular launchers.  And I have never had this kind of problem with other older Beelink products and popular android launchers.

Is this some crazy non-standard version of Android that they are running on the elite Beelink GT-King Pro?  Somebody please tell why 10 of the most popular launchers will not run on this version of Android?  I have been using Android for over 10 years now.  And I have never seen an incompatibility like this.

About a month ago Beelink Tech Support said that they were working on this problem and asked me to send them a copy of Nova Launcher -- and I did all that they asked.  I have not heard back from them yet -- and it has been around 20 now.  Hopefully, I will hear from them soon.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2020-05-07 13:53:37 | Show all posts
I had  Nova Launcher Pro working on my GT King Pro up until it decided to bomb out and go into a boot loop, but that's another story. I have used Nova launcher on many Android devices running up to Android 8. But from then onwards Nova Launcher does not behave well. The best way to get the apps onto the desktop I found with Android 9 when opening the app draw (Mine was swipe UP) is to go to the Search App bar at the top of the draw. Clicking the air mouse or OK button  will give a drop down with all the latest installed apps, and by scrolling right will also show system apps as well. These can then be dragged down onto the desktop pages as normal. Just a fluke find but hope this helps someone.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Sign up

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list