View: 2795|Reply: 8

King Pro erases everything after latest update

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2020-03-15 15:29:01 | Show all posts |Read mode
Yesterday i have recived my new box King Pro,and my friend install everything on it for watching TV programs and games. In the evening i get new update via wifi and i install new update. After that my device turn off and boot up. Everything was ok without any problems and errors, but now i dont have anything on the box?? I mean from the aplication which my friend install on it, and some games which i have installed. What happened? Because, if every update did reset my device this is a big problem. Thanks in advance...

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2020-03-15 19:55:41 | Show all posts
I can confirm that. I have installed new system update and i lost everything i've hed installed or copied . It does't upgrade older version - it deletes it with all your data and installs ' clean' system.
BTW - voice control using included remote still doesn't work after the upgrade. I didn't check if it can cope with copying files from usb drives now. Will check later on today.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
 Author| Post time 2020-03-15 20:06:56 | Show all posts
Well this isnt good at all. How can we contact support and tell about this big bug and problem? Because if i need to install and setup everything from the beggining this is totally wrong, and i dont need updates at all...

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2020-03-17 21:02:18 | Show all posts
Same here lost everything when updated to 908P0

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2020-03-19 03:38:30 | Show all posts
Edited by Fallguy at 2020-03-19 03:44
silversid19 replied at 2020-03-17 21:02
Same here lost everything when updated to 908P0

UPDATE = LOST ALL.  Only clicked install, let it do it thing, then launched exactly like a new box.  All my installed apps where gone and all saved to internal drive were gone.  My SD card files where intact thought (did not have my sd as extended drive, my sd was independent).

Voice remote started working for me actually, wouldn't before however.

Oh the Joy of a Rebuild.......

Debated waiting a week until this had been out longer, should have listened to that voice!

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2020-03-19 20:18:08 | Show all posts
Today, on 19th there i saw newer update ready to be installed. Didn't do it yet . Anybody tried to update ? Does it earase everything as well ? Will it be the same with every new update? Any noticeable  changes for better ?

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2020-03-19 21:42:49 | Show all posts
Edited by TRUST at 2020-03-19 22:26

OK - i have done it and it looks safe this time. System upgraded and everything stayed where it should be. Nothing earased, all apps working.Mic on remote is working, however - it worked with default assistant, but after switching to google assistant ( which i thought would be better ) it works from time to time. Results are far far away from what i am saying. Does anybody know how to go back to default , system assistant ? I found only the option to switch between Google and None.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2020-03-20 16:22:37 | Show all posts
I'm not updating again until this is fixed, it took me a whole day to put it back to where it was before the update.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2020-03-21 01:23:13 | Show all posts
I have experienced same consequence.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Sign up

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list